free website stats program 2009 Street Bob Uuugh! | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Street Bob Uuugh!

cdn-bigfoot

What was HD thinking?

HD Street Bob website.

Must be a cost cutting measure, but WHY go to the gray motor and transmission casing? It's what set the Street Bob apart from the Superglide and other Dyna models!
I'm glad I have an '06 with the black motor!!!!
Here's a couple shots of mine.
PrimaryWS.jpg

hypercharger.jpg

makes it look older and more retro as the older motors were grey, i like it and my order goes in to the dealer in 2wks for a red hot denim with about £5K of accessories, looks like a larger nightster with the grey cases and black barrels

I agree with you on the retro look.
I'm just not a fan of old school.
I've got my Bob looking as modern as I can get it.

My point was if I wanted a grey motor Dyna I would have bought a superglide or low rider. Now there's NO OPTION for someone who wants a Dyna with a black motor.

I like the chopped rear fender though. I will likely cut mine back a bit along the same lines. Might have to move my tail light, license and blinkers up on the fender a bit. I just put a laydown, clear LED tail light on and I like it. The new 2009 tail light is cool. Although, again a little to old school for my tastes.

Here's my new tail light. I'll cut the fender up as high as I can get it.
IMG_4176.jpg

Hobbit, enjoy your new Bob. They're GREAT BIKES!
I love mine.

I'm really happy I picked up an 08 before they were gone. I definitely don't like the new look. Whoever decided to go with the silver motor should be fired immediately. I also hate the (edit) tail light. The only thing I do like is the optional powdercoated wheels. That would have been nice on the 08, but that's something I'll probably end up doing anyways.

I really haven't heard from anyone who's seen both who actually prefers the 09.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 09 is cheaper than the 08! thats got to be a plus. I have a Nightster just got it a few months ago. I wish I would have waited now. But I still love my bike. I was thinking about tradeing it in but I got it with no money down, so I know I am up side down on the bike. So I will have to ride what I got.

I like it, the rear fender is soooo much better than the old one and the old school tail light fits the "BOB" style the bike was designed to emulate.

I posted the same thread in another HD forum. That silver lower has got to be the ugliest thing ever! Why would they ruin a perfectly good bike by doing that? And I don't care much for the tail light either. I'm just glad I got mine before they ruined it.

BTW, I used to have that Panacea tail light before it broke. Turns out since there is so much vibration, the wires snapped off the LED board. Just a head's up to watch out for that.

well i could have had the 08 or the 09. i took the o9, and one big reason was the old school tail light. it doesn't look like every other HD out there. anytime someone see the bike from the rear, they know its differant. i too don't like the silver engine, so i had the primary, trans cover and point housing blacked out, leaving only the core silver. that helped a lot. then i found some older HD tank decals in red and orange to match the red pin striping on the black wheels. the major thing i hate is the molder in risers. can't find any way to raise the bars up.

I have an 08 Fat Bob. Black Denim and the black case. The rest is chrome.
I love the look.

Good discussion. I have struggled with the '09 Bobs for the same reasons mentioned. I was pretty close to put in my down payment when the 09s got released. but now I'm wondering if I need to wait another year and see if I can afford the x-bones. I like the simplicity of the bob more though.

I like hobbits remarks about the retro styling with the motor. That was my biggest concern. I wanted it all black. But I have always liked this bike from Kustom Kulture
cycle_chop_image9.jpg

cycle_chop_image4.jpg

See the resemblance in the motor? Maybe after throwing some black box covers, it would look okay.

I also wonder if the tail light/ plate mount can be pulled off, and just re-wire the signal lights to work as brake lights too (like the nightster)? I noticed there is a huge plate behind the fender, and I'm not sure if there is a huge hole in the fender where the new light mounts.

Hobbit, do you have a gallery of your bike somewhere with the stuff you have done so far?

Last edited:
Back