free website stats program 2009 Sportster Slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Sportster Slip ons

riot12

I am planning on getting some V&H slip on exhausts for my new Nightster.
Will I have to make any adjustments when I switch these out? Or is it as easy as putting them on and bolting them?

Thanks.

I am planning on getting some V&H slip on exhausts for my new Nightster.
Will I have to make any adjustments when I switch these out? Or is it as easy as putting them on and bolting them?

Thanks.

If that is all your doing - yes ! Make sure you have the correct muffs for your year and make, start twisting back and forth on your oem muffs - PUT THEM UP SOME WHERE FOR LATER USE -wipe off where they came apart, put the new ones on , make sure everything is tight. One thing I would do BEFORE firing the scoot up --- wipe down the new slips with a soft towel/rag (or wear a cheap pair of brown jersey cotton gloves while installing them) Get all the dirt,dust,grease and fingerprints off of them and 1 other thing before you start it -- take a micro - rag , spray a little Pledge on it and wipe the exhaust with it and let it dry.

If you plan on getting a different intake later on down the road. Look into getting a TFI. Search the threads on this site for info. You can do a stage one upgrade yourself to your bike easily.

I made the change this spring with a straight shot slip ons vance & hines and a fuel pak with a screaming eagle intake. Yes you need to remap. The fuel pak settings are on the website.

I made the change this spring with a straight shot slip ons vance & hines and a fuel pak with a screaming eagle intake. Yes you need to remap. The fuel pak settings are on the website.

They should also come with the FP in the box when you buy it.

Back