free website stats program 2009 Roadking vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Roadking vibration

My 04 FLHTP will shake your eyeballs out on decel in 1st gear and at idle. It didn't shake nearly as much before I had the cam tennsioners and oil pump replaced. It seems to come and go on how much it shakes when you are sitting at a light. I'm not saying the Dealer did anything wrong, I even had the front motor mount replaced thinking that was the problem. Just seems wierd. It is smooth at a cruise though. I still think it might be a rear mount going south, but my mechanic say's it doesn't feel unusual to him.

I bought and installed Velva Ride Engine Stabilizers and the Evolution Motor mount on my 2003 Road King Classic To say to made a difference would be understating it! I upped the engine to 1550 with a new cam 911 and a K&N Air filter and to honest I thought that I made the wrong choice I love the POWER but on long rides it was killing my poor Dog's and trying to get my wife on board was not easy I can only tell you that my feet are very happy and when at idle my mirrors are clear (Not vibrating to the point of being useless) you can buy the velva ride stabilizers for $250.00 or so but to me they are worth every cent I am very happy and if and when I get my wife on the bike I think she will extremely happy! Ride safe Joe

Back