free website stats program 2009 Road King Saddlebags Rubbing | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Road King Saddlebags Rubbing

sparky82

This may have already been posted. Has anybody had the problem of the saddlebag lid hitting and rubbing the docking hardware screws on their 2009 RK Custom?

Frank:

Yes the lid does hit when you opern it all the way. It will put a mark in the leather. I am being careful but it is a poor design. Not sure what to do.

I did add the chrome cap covers to help keep it from marking the leather. I’m going to take it to the dealer this Sat. to see if they have a solution to the problem.:eam:eam:eam

Sparkey,

I'd be interested in what your dealer says, I'll ask mine also. Does the trim rest on the hardware and completly protect the leather? If it does I'll put those on mine. Thanks

I also call Harley Customer Service they claimed they never heard of any problems but would make note of it. The docking hardware kit (48171-09) covers the exposed docking points. I don’t how good it’s going to work as of yet. The caps are about 1” dia. and the ends are rounded

I did get Harley to install a stop kit 90580-09 free of charge. I have not had it done yet waiting for warmer weather.

Back