free website stats program 2009 road king has no power! | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 road king has no power!

sparta531

Hi guys, just joined a few minutes ago and was wondering if you could help me out. Went out to reno 2 weeks ago and rode a budy's bike and let him ride mine. Well after riding his 2006 RK, there was a huge difference in terms of power in his bike. It felt like it had a ton of power as mine felt really flat. He told me he changed the air filter, pipes and a few other things. But it made no sense, mine shouldn't be that slow, am at 5,000 miles and got it serviced already. What can i change to get more power

Your bike is lean to be EPA compliant. To bring it to life you need Stage 1AC,slip-ons and fuel management.

and the 88"s run better than the 96"s due to better flowing heads

But as said do a stage one it will wake it up quite a bit

Ok can i do the stage one with some rinehart slip ons? Or would i need the full system, also i have the 5 year warranty. Would rineharts affect it?

Nice! thank you, oh and one more thing. The guys at glendale told me i couldn't get a pc3 because it's not made by harley so it would void my warranty. There was one made by harley or an american company i could get. Do you know what there talking about?

Last edited:
If you're doing pipes and an air cleaner then a dobeck TFI is a good choice, they make the PC V for the 09 bikes and will not void your warranty, dealers say that to keep you away from anything they don't sell. Tom

Back