free website stats program 2009 Road King Classic Transmission issues | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Road King Classic Transmission issues

Thumbs

I have a 2009 Road King Classic with only 700 miles on it. I started noticing that at times I can't shift gears it seems like the transmission has locked in one of the gears. This seems to start after I've been in 5th gear. When pushing either heel or toe selector it feels like something is in the transmission or that their are burrs on the gears and the shift-lever travel is limited. I have to goose the throttle a few times while clutching to shift into the correct gear. I changed transmission oil to full synthetic at 500 miles. :(

I've heard that some of the 2009's have had to have their transmissions replaced because of sticking gears. Anyone heard of a bulletin for this?

No. In fact I have heard of zero 09 tranny failures. Get it to your dealer, Hard to believe you already haven't.

I have a 2009 Road King Classic with only 700 miles on it. I started noticing that at times I can't shift gears it seems like the transmission has locked in one of the gears. This seems to start after I've been in 5th gear. When pushing either heel or toe selector it feels like something is in the transmission or that their are burrs on the gears and the shift-lever travel is limited. I have to goose the throttle a few times while clutching to shift into the correct gear. I changed transmission oil to full synthetic at 500 miles. :(

I've heard that some of the 2009's have had to have their transmissions replaced because of sticking gears. Anyone heard of a bulletin for this?

WHAT synthetic oil did you switch to in the trans?

Hey Glider, I know you dont like Amsoil but I cant find any Spectro around and I have SYN3 in my 07 road king. Could I use Amsoil 75-90 Synthetic Extreame Pressure Lubricant in my trans.for the rest of the summer until I can get some spectro 6 ordered?

That would be OK but I prefer the Spectro hands down. I'm also not familiar with the recommended oils from Amsoil.

Hey Glider, I know you dont like Amsoil but I cant find any Spectro around and I have SYN3 in my 07 road king. Could I use Amsoil 75-90 Synthetic Extreame Pressure Lubricant in my trans.for the rest of the summer until I can get some spectro 6 ordered?

Castrol has a good fully synthetic extreme pressure gear oil that I would personnally use before I would use amsoil:s

SOUNDS LIKE CLUTCH not diss engaging properly..... what oil are you using in the chaincase? What synthetic did you put into the tranny and how much ??? does it just get sticky after 5 gear or does it stick any gear?????

Let US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT..... Too many times WE try to help out... then the FIX never gets back to US..... So please POST the answers you find out.....

I'm thinking a new 2010 and need all the fuel about problems ahead of time...

THANKS signed....BUBBIE

I called service where I bought my 2009 after telling them my issues with shifting they told me to bring the bike in for a clutch adjustment and it was on warranty Their dealership is open 7 days a week they can't sale motorcycles on Sunday but the service department is open for all the services that they provide. I picked-up the bike Sunday morning they adjusted the clutch 1/2 inch and the bike is back to normal I added another 75 miles to the 714 miles that I had on the bike today.:bigsmiley27

We're using Redline Primary and Chaincase lube in two different Harleys. I couldn't get Spectro without ordering it, but the NAPA place nearest to me sells Redline. Maybe other NAPA stores carry it too.

Back