free website stats program 2009 odometer mileage reinstatement | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 odometer mileage reinstatement

09HDWP

I want to change out my gauges on my 2009 FLHX to the 2011 titanium gauges. I bought a used speedo and want to have the millage reinstated to my bikes actual mileage. The Harley web site has a statement on the parts page of "mileage reinstatement available through your dealer". Can anyone give any info on how this is done? The dealerships in my area all have different answers from "cant be done", to "we need to install it in the bike and play with it" to "I don't know".

If the speedo is an HD part, the dealer should be able to reinstate the mileage. If you purchase a speedo from the MoCo, the purchase includes a data transfer cable to set the mileage on the new speedo to the current mileage on the customers bike. So, if the speedo you purchased is an HD speedo, it would seem all you or the dealer would need is the data transfer cable. If the speedo is aftermarket, suggest you contact the manufacturer.;)

Back