free website stats program 2009 Night Train Vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 Night Train Vibration

Veep

I am the proud owner of a 2009 FXSTB with V&H Big shots, V&H Drak, and SE 204 cams. I seem to notice a vibration from the engine about 65 - 70 mph. Is this normal for these cams? Bike runs great. But the vibe does get annoying. Will a 4 degree advance on the cams help? Anyone had this before?

Many things can cause a vibration, not just the cams. Using the 4* will change the characteristics of the cam.

Let Me be more specific. I was thinking that the vibration might be from too many RPM. The SE 204 cam has a lot of top end. I can bury the needle in 5th gear with throttle left over. Shifting into 6th gear before 70 mph seems to lug the motor. It seems to be happier when reving except for the vibes. I was think that advancing the cam 4 degrees would lower the sweet spot. Maybe make 60-90 cruising speed easier. or could there be something else out of whack. like timing or injection timing? Or even the clutch out of whack. Or maybe since the Softail has a solid mount engine I just have to live with it. Looking for info. Thanks :newsmile034:

You pretty much hit it on the head with the mention of the softail. Even the balanced ones hit a RPM range where there are vibrations and not necessarily from something wrong.

The engine timing and injector timing are all handled by the program in the ecm (constants) so I doubt that would be the cause.

Back