free website stats program 2009 FXDC Mini-Apes Installed - PICS | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 FXDC Mini-Apes Installed - PICS

JDPEagle

I have finally completed installing the H-D mini-apes on a 2009 FXDC. I went with the 1" bars and went with the stock risers. All lines (throttle, idle, clutch and brake) were replaced with Diamondback braided lines. Chrome levers added a nice touch and contrast with the black controls (no intention of going to 100% chrome on the hand controls).

A few technical notes: the stock specs for the 2010 FXDB worked for all lines and bars. No electrical extension was needed with these bars, and they ran internally without much effort (aside from taking your time with the connectors). The whole project (removing fuel tank, installation of the bars, relocation of the turn signals) took about 6 hours.

web.jpg

web.jpg
web.jpg
web.jpg

Great look! Love the braided lines too. What's a rough cost estimate for the lines? I'd like to put that on my to-do list (as financing becomes available...).

Jimmy

Great look! Love the braided lines too. What's a rough cost estimate for the lines? I'd like to put that on my to-do list (as financing becomes available...).

Jimmy

I got everything at one of my local dealer's "20% Off Everything" sales (otherwise, I always order from Zanotti). The cost for the lines was approximately $312.00. The entire project was approximately $490.00 (including turn signal relocation kit, chrome levers, bars, lines and replacement fluids [transmission and brake]).

perfect touch....how does she handle?

It handles well. I need to lean forward slightly more in low speed turns, but it is still quite manageable. An interesting note is that I came from the stock buckhorns with 4 inch pullback risers. The new set-up moved my hands up and slightly more forward, so "your mileage may vary."

I am still undecided on the turn signal relocation. Not sure what else I can do, but they just don't look right to me. I'm open to any suggestions :33:

Had an 05 WG, like Hobbit says, I went with signals integrated into the mirror stems eliminating the turn sigs from the forks, turned out great. By the way great looking scoot...

Last edited:
I would have left the signals attached to the hand controls had I not run into an issue with running the wires inside the bars. On the 2010 FXDB bars, there is not a relief indention in the tube (under the brackets) for running electrical wire. The bars come pre-drilled. I assume that I would run into the same issue with the LED signal mirrors (?). Also, unlike the controls on the FXDB, the controls on the FXDC do not have a hole in the bottom of the controls for the signal wiring.

Ultimately, I dropped the signals to the fork due to not being able to determine a way to run the signal wiring inside of the handlebars (short of drilling out the controls).

It handles well. I need to lean forward slightly more in low speed turns, but it is still quite manageable. An interesting note is that I came from the stock buckhorns with 4 inch pullback risers. The new set-up moved my hands up and slightly more forward, so "your mileage may vary."

I am still undecided on the turn signal relocation. Not sure what else I can do, but they just don't look right to me. I'm open to any suggestions :33:

You want to sell the pullback risers? PM me if so I'm interested.

Ron

I would have left the signals attached to the hand controls had I not run into an issue with running the wires inside the bars. On the 2010 FXDB bars, there is not a relief indention in the tube (under the brackets) for running electrical wire. The bars come pre-drilled. I assume that I would run into the same issue with the LED signal mirrors (?). Also, unlike the controls on the FXDB, the controls on the FXDC do not have a hole in the bottom of the controls for the signal wiring.

Ultimately, I dropped the signals to the fork due to not being able to determine a way to run the signal wiring inside of the handlebars (short of drilling out the controls).

Nice looking ride JD...and I like the signals not mounted on the controls.

web.jpg

those look good, and relocating the turn signal indicators was a good move. I'm putting stock mini apes on my 99 FXDWG this week and loosing the 21 inchers. Can't wait.
384735755.jpg

Back