free website stats program 2009 FLHX no radio reception | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 FLHX no radio reception

09HDWP

My stock Harmon Kardon head units radio reception just quit on me. After doing a hand over hand inspection to check for something simple like the antenna is unplugged, I found nothing. I replaced the stock head unit after reading up on the problem and it appears to be common with the stock head unit. I replaced it with a sony marine stereo, elf audio amp and J&M Roker speakers. Still no reception, so I installed the boom audio hidden power antenna which now there is a weak signal but no reception to speak of? My next step is to take the bike to a professional motorcycle stereo installer for troubleshooting, unless someone here on the forum can help me out??

My stock Harmon Kardon head units radio reception just quit on me. After doing a hand over hand inspection to check for something simple like the antenna is unplugged, I found nothing. I replaced the stock head unit after reading up on the problem and it appears to be common with the stock head unit. I replaced it with a sony marine stereo, elf audio amp and J&M Roker speakers. Still no reception, so I installed the boom audio hidden power antenna which now there is a weak signal but no reception to speak of? My next step is to take the bike to a professional motorcycle stereo installer for troubleshooting, unless someone here on the forum can help me out??

Have you talked to dealer about any re-flashes for radio or did radio loose U.S. settings.

I have replaced the entire audio system. I re flashed from the dealer and it did nothing to regain the radio reception. Then I started reading blogs about my issue and found there are a lot of instances of this happening. So I figured it was a good excuse to upgrade the entire system to better quality head unit, amp and speakers. I also added the behind the fairing HD boom audio power antenna. I have read that an external amplifier can cause digital reception issues.

I had the same problem on my FLHCTU and it turned out the COAX for the antenna was broken internally. It was broken near the transition between the front forks and the frame. New antenna wire and life and reception is good.

I replaced the stock antenna with the boom bagger power antenna behind the fairing. Its a possibility the new antenna coax could be defective. What are some common causes for a loss of signal? Sometimes the easy fix can be right in front of my face and Im overthinking the problem. Its very frustrating.

I replaced the stock antenna with the boom bagger power antenna behind the fairing. Its a possibility the new antenna coax could be defective. What are some common causes for a loss of signal? Sometimes the easy fix can be right in front of my face and Im overthinking the problem. Its very frustrating.
I read somewhere that an aftermarket amp can interfere the radio reception. Is this a true statement? I am running an ELF audio amp with a sony head unit.

Back