free website stats program 2009 FLHTCU headset | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 FLHTCU headset

hoggy25

Is it me or does the headset that comes with the Ultra's have absoultely no bass or midrange? I'm wondering if it's my headset speakers or maybe the wiring is somehow messed up. Been this way since I purchased it new but now I'm beginning to wonder if mines bad.
Thanks

try the new BOOM helmet headset. it seems to work better than what came w/ the ultra. i got the half hemet unit bcause the other one wouldn't clamp onto my harley half hemet and i'm not a 3/4 guy except in rain. p/n76572-09
retail $119.95 pg. 624 new catalog.

I use the stock boom for my cb but cut the ear-speakers off. I have all the sound coming out of the bike speakers.

I have a neat little adapter that some guy was selling on EBay where you can plug in a set of stereo earbuds so the passenger can LISTEN to the stereo and have it sound pretty good. Unfortunately it doesn't allow a mic. But there is another adapter that was on there that had 2 plugs so you could use a gamer's headset like you use on a computer with the mic. I think I posted a pic at one time...I'll have to see if it's still here.

I have the OEM bluetooth module for the phone for the HK stereo. It works OK if you store your phone in the tourpack while riding but will sometimes get a weak reception if your phone is on your belt or in the windshield pouch. From what I hear it wasn't a very popular add-on. The silver module mounts in the tourpak and plugs into the system.

If you are talking about bluetooth headsets, I think there are a few that use the Scala unit on here.

I think I posted a pic at one time...I'll have to see if it's still here.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/buy_sell_or_trade/12030-helmet_headsets.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jim, I would think there would be a lot more wireless set ups out the way times have gone, I use blue tooth headphones with my cell and the stereo sounds good, not quite as good as wired but I did not spend a arm & leg ether.

well I bought my 09 Ultra used (and its been so snowy I dont have it home yet) so I got no luggage bags , no headset, no owners manual, no keys. The dealership replaced the keys and owners manual. I bought some unused liners from someone on the net and I bought a J&M headset. I have it installed in my helmet but have had no opportunity to try it....J&M does have a decent rep for their headsets and they offer a high output version for the radios on the Harley.

Phil

In the past I have also used J&M products and they worked good. Presently I have the OEM set in my helmet.

Back