free website stats program 2009 FLHR Seat Replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 FLHR Seat Replacement

wjsjr

I'm about ready to replace my 2-up seat for a Mustang 75466. I'm a bit concerned about dropping $467 before actually putting my behind on it. I'm not so much concerned with riding position changes as I am with overall comfort improvement. If you're a previous owner or current Mustang seat owner. What has your experience been?

Thanks for the help/comments in advance.

I have a Mustang solo seat, it sets a bit higher, it has mucho padding for the long hauls I give it to thumbs up

I have the same seat (wide touring w/black pearls on my '07 E.G. . I have not taken the seat off since I put it on. I have two other seats, stock and Street Glide. The Mustang is very firm feeling when you first start riding, then it seems to conform to your shape. The back, lumbar piece is not as high as my stock seats, but I have a backrest for trips. My wife likes her section of the seat, but she only weighs 100', so a towel would work for her. The only negative I have is the Mustang sits me about 1/2" higher, which isn't much, but the front is wide, so I can't flat foot (5'10" 32" inseam), which is only a problem backing up on a loose surface. I've done many all day/ all week rides, with minimal discomfort. P.S. The seat is heavy.

I bought a Mustang several years back for my metric scoot and was impressed.
Like Pete said it takes a bit to break in but your back side will like it.

Never tried a Mustang 2up seat but have tried solo's of different styles. They seemed well made but sat me up higher than I liked. I returned them both. Good luck.

I have 4 seats for my softail once the mustang was fitted I had no desire to go back to any of the others it is a wee bit wider but that is not an issue with my softail comfort level is much better than any of my other seats so it works for me

Brian

Awesome! Thanks for the replys. You've helped me make my decision, guess I'll spring for the seat.

Thanks again

Bought the seat. 10 days for delivery. I'll post again after I've logged some miles post a review.

Good deal, I'm sure you'll like it. A good conditioner will help protect it and help with the breakin. :)

I hope you like it. I put one on my 2015 King and rode from my home in east central Alabama to the Ozarks (about 1500 miles all said and done) and I was miserable. I've gone back to the stock 2up and it's a hundred times better. It looks great but it's hard as a rock and sits me up higher, even though it's supposed to be a low profile. I'm gonna sell it. Hope you like yours better...

Back