free website stats program 2009 EG Standard,Classic,Ultra differences | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 EG Standard,Classic,Ultra differences

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
My devious mind has been churning lately, especially since, for me anyway, the 2010 model introductions were kind of a non-event. Nothing really grabbed me and made me want to run straight to the dealer anyway. For you folks in the know or who own these models can you straighten me out if I'm missing something?

2009 EG Standard - minimally equipped EG with fairing, saddlebags, light bar

2009 EG Classic - Standard plus radio, tour pack

2009 EG Ultra Classic - adds CB/intercom, lowers, rear speakers

All three can be had with optional ABS, cruise control, security - correct?

Thanks everyone!

You pretty well have it except I think cruise control is standard on the Ultra. Security and ABS are options on all.

You pretty well have it except I think cruise control is standard on the Ultra. Security and ABS are options on all.

I thought of that as soon as I hit "submit."

Mine came with cruise control, security and abs

Yours may have come with those but I still don't think they are standard, are they? I can't see why HD would sell a touring bike without cruise control but I feel the same way about comfortable seats and backrests - absolute necessities if you're going to put in long days!

Yup, cruise control is standard. Security is not, neither is ABS. Some dealers put basic security on all of the bikes they sell, but not the loud screaming siren. Your call on that.

FuzzFace

I think the ultra has a 80 watt radio and the classic has a 40 watt:20:

They both have a 20 watt per channel stereo. 2 speakers on the Classic (thus 40 watts), and 4 speakers on the Ultra (80 watts). Ultra has the intercom/CB and headset.
Ultras also have the light bar on the tour pack.

I live in Australia and my EG Standard came with Cruise, ABS and alarm. Being a Standard it has the same wiring harness as the Ultra so i can plug in a HD advanced radio and guages easily. Personal choice but for me the Standard is the perfect bike. Shame they are not making them any more.

Neil

I have an 05 Standard. It did not have cruise control or ABS. It did have the security system. I had the HD Cruise control put on along with the two lower gauges on the inner fairing. I also put the King Tour trunk on along with the rear saddlebag side rails. The only thing I lack now is the radio, but I have never had a radio and fear that it just might be a distraction for me. One day when I can afford it. Right now I just like the sound of the bike and the wind going by.
2947_1123726942159_1496692437_30302752_6936650_n.jpg

So I pretty much have a semi classic I think.

Last edited:
Back