free website stats program 2009 EG Classic Engine Upgrades | Harley Davidson Forums

2009 EG Classic Engine Upgrades

Dusty82

Hello All,

I have owned my cycle for a year and have put 14000 miles on it and wanted some more torque, as well as, enrichen the mixture.

I am looking at a Stage one, EFI ungrade, and slip ons. Has anyone done this all at once and if so what was your impressions of performance. I am leaning toward all Harley products and have them installed by the shop.

Look forwqard to the ideas and suggestions.

your cats should be in the mufflers so thats not much of a problem to change.
I went with the stage one Reinharts slipons SE air cleaner, stage one down load from the shop. It helps but with the stage two 103 big bore kit, 255 cams, TTS Master Tune I'm a real happy camper.

I got my Ultra Classic new, and thought it had an anchor in the back... Ran like a dog. I did the SE stage 1, super pro tuner download, Vance and Hines headers, and SE slip-ons. Running tight.

Dusty,

Lots of options on this. I would suggest something other than a Ness a big sucker air cleaner. Stay with a K&N or SE. TFI is a very popular fueler here on this site. Exhaust is a wide open field of choices. Use the search function at the top of the page and you can read for days on exhaust. Go to a local bike night and look, listen, and ask questions. Let us know how you decide and what you think.

Bodeen

The items you mentioned will mainly richen your motor up and allow it to run a bit cooler. Yes, you'll get a slight increase in oomph but I think it's mostly psychological - you spend all this $$$ on a Stage 1 so of course you feel a huge difference the first time you ride it! Every chart I've seen doesn't support huge power gains from a Stage 1. Don't get me wrong - I'm certainly not saying to go ahead and do it. Your bike will run cooler and sound better.

I have one word for you if you're looking for a serious performance increase:

CAMS !!!

I got my Ultra Classic new, and thought it had an anchor in the back... Ran like a dog. I did the SE stage 1, super pro tuner download, Vance and Hines headers, and SE slip-ons. Running tight.

09 FLHR
V&H slip-ons, SE air, TFI. a great combination..
(left side Same size SAME as the right side muffler)

THEN I added the SE255 cams to the 96" and Presto Hang on.. BIG seat of the pants increases..

Used Slender taper SE adjustable pushrods from HD.

The SE 255 cams ARE HD cams for Lower End Torque and that is what you get..

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Using the HD parts is a bonus IF you use your HD shop to do the install work BUT they may not set up the TFI for you.. No problem to install your self but ASK the shop Before YOu expect them to install it. The'll want to down load or install Their Tuner for a LOT more $$$ so be careful, then they want to Dyno tune it for more $$$$$$ ...

Some times a private shop is best to go have all this done.. Probably save $$ with a private indy .. If you don''t have a shop in mind, ask some of the fellow riders you ride with and see what and where they recommend.

signed....BUBBIE

I added the TFI, SE heavy breather and rinehart slip ons, easy to do yourself and made a big difference over stock imo.

if i am not being to personal what did those upgrades cost you
WAP.gif

if i am not being to personal what did those upgrades cost you?
]

Just some input regarding my '07 Ultra Stage One cost.
Careful "shopping" on eBay....
Power Commander (used), SE exhaust (used) and SE A/C (brand new).
Used the settings from the Power Commander downloads that matched my A/C and exhaust.
I was under $300 total. That was three years ago and everything has functioned well. Put plenty of miles on the bike. Gone cross-country. Runs good and the plugs look fine.
I like doing things myself.

Back