2008 ultra stumble and hesitation

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by monsterilg, Nov 1, 2010.

1. monsterilg

monsterilg New Member

my 08 ran good for 10k miles then started to stumble. had sert and true duels install 2k miles. runs good when cold most of the time dose it a lot after 50 to 75 miles on hwy then when i get in town it will start. on hwy once and a while after gear change.also after it sits while in store for gas or short brake been back to shop had new crank sensor and dino #2 now stumbles about same computer show no codes dino 2 shows 1hp less 2 fpt more than one. read a lot about ve's or is it vt's charts don't have actess or know how to this stuff how about any suggestion.

2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

A few things can cause that type of problem but the very first thing I would check is vacuum leaks in the throttle body area. Intake seals or any O rings for map sensor/IAC etc. From what you said it sure sounds like an air intake leak of some kind. Perform the WD40 or propane test to check & find that leak. I would NOT change any mapping values or electrical parts before I was Sure I had no air intake leaks.

3. monsterilg

monsterilg New Member

thanks for ideas will try when i get it back from shop

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

5. monsterilg

monsterilg New Member

no work done befor this started all work was done at 2k miles sert and true dules ran good for 10k miles oil change every 2500 all the rest i done is chrome and led lights thanks for tip will check this out

6. robertc

robertc Member

There was a recall on the 08 ultra fuel filter. My bike did the same. There was a small hairline crack that caused the problem. good luck!!!

7. johnkarlfl

johnkarlfl Active Member

how do I find out about the recall on the 08 ultra fuel filter??

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

9. monsterilg

monsterilg New Member

got bike out today seems to be running fine put new intake seals and plug wires everthing seems ok find out more this weekend

10. johnkarlfl

johnkarlfl Active Member

thanks glider