free website stats program 2008 Ultra harley part # 53303-07 and new seat | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Ultra harley part # 53303-07 and new seat

wstalker

This winter while the bike is down going to make a few changes. One is to add the detachable tour pak kit. Afterwards I will be looking to put on a different seat for looks mostly. Anybody done the same and if so what fits...looking for both two-up and solo ideas. Thanks

I would consider either the HD Hammock seat or a Mustang seat. I still have the stock seat, but want to change it. After 50,000 miles, it is a bit tired.

I have a Street Glide seat that I put on when the tour pak is off. It looks nice (narrow back end), and is comfortable for medium trips. It requires a little pad that attaches to the tank (cheap) to fill the gap caused by it being shorter.

Not to say it can't be done, it can but a friend of mine and I have looked hard at putting a detachable tour pack bracket on his ultra. This is what we have found.

Everything is available to install the kit, wiring harness to disconnect the tourpack lights, radio antenna relocation kit, docking hardware. Everything except a way to relocate the cb antenna. You either have to undo the coax from inside the tourpack and tuck it under the seat when you remove it or use the J&M cb antenna that fits inside the fairing.

J&M Flexpower In-Fairing Hidden CB Antenna for Harley FLHT - Harley Davidson Parts

What ever route you take good luck and enjoy!!

I thought for sure there was a CB antenna relo kit in the Harley catalog...let me go look...I thought it just put it down on the fender like the AM/FM relo kit...

Phil

I thought for sure there was a CB antenna relo kit in the Harley catalog...let me go look...I thought it just put it down on the fender like the AM/FM relo kit...

Phil

Phil I hope you are right. The parts guy in Mobile yesterday couldn't / didn't want to find it.

hmmm, ok right now all I see is 76410-09 which is a frame mount cb kit for the FLTR and FLHX. It doesnt say it wont work on a FLHTCx so perhaps someone has tried and it doesnt or maybe the saddlebag guard rails make this not possible?

OK, found the pdf instructions for an Ultra detach tourpack which includes these:

CB Antenna Base and Bracket Mounting to Fender
Detachable Tour-Pak Harness Kit For Ultra Models
also this
Harley-Davidson® FLHTCUreg Quick Disconnect Tour-Pak® Harness. 70032-09

seems to indicate you can do this....

Phil

Attachments

• Detachable-Tour-Pak-Harness-Kit-For-Ultra-Models-J04878.pdf
    915.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm, ok right now all I see is 76410-09 which is a frame mount cb kit for the FLTR and FLHX. It doesnt say it wont work on a FLHTCx so perhaps someone has tried and it doesnt or maybe the saddlebag guard rails make this not possible?

Thats probably what the parts guy meant when he said we may have to reinvent the wheel. There was nothing listed for the Ultra. That should work then.

With new model releases, the applications and cross reference information for parts and accessories lags a bit...so as Redfish-Joe pointed out, some owners have to "improvise" or "modify" things a bit. But then, that is the unspoken definition of what an H-D is, a canvas that we ride...like Steppenwolf said: "-a magic carpet ride...":s

I moved my tour PAC to the solo position on my 2011 Ultra used all factory rack's and wiring kits.After a lot of talking to parts? personal relocating the CB antenna was the catch. Up to 08 they used a load coil on the antenna if you look in the Tour pac you will see a small coil placed in the antenna cable it must be used or by-by C.B when you transmit.09 and later the coil is built-in to the antenna.I think using the late style antenna,s and early mounting it will work.

olbill

Back