free website stats program 2008 Streetglide wont start | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Streetglide wont start

dfhawkins

i have 2008 StreetGlide. Wont start. No codes showing up on computer test. Spray with ether it fires. Where to begin? Need help. Thanks. :D:D

Do you hear the fuel pump prime when the key is turned on? If not, check the fuel pump fuse located behind the Right side cover (not the left with other fuses), it's hidden sort of behind the ECM plug.

No more ether, dangerous and will gold/blue your pipes, use WD 40, more stable. Do you have a tuner on it or any other aftermarket parts related to fuel or electrical? I assume safety kill switch is on and not bumped off? Yes ether will fire with compression and no spark.

Yea, i hear it prime.

No aftermarket parts on it. I have checked the safety kill switch its fine. thanks

i can hear the fuel pump building pressure, i think the fuel injection isnt spraying fuel. Is there a fuse for the fuel injectors?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the fuel injection isnt spraying fuel.

To have the fuel pump prime, and have spark and but not have both injectors firing is almost hard to have happen. Take a look at this PDF. Both the coil & injectors get power from the same point. The trigger leads for the injectors go directly to the ECM with no connectors in-between. The likely hood of having spark without an injector pulse would be rare to say the least.

If you really have spark, I would almost bet you have no fuel pressure even though you can hear the pump prime. Try removing the quick disconnect fuel line from the tank and then pushing/snapping it back in. I have heard of the internal check valve sticking. Removing & re-inserting sometimes will free it up.

Attachments

• StreetGlide.pdf
    64.7 KB · Views: 17
when i push up on my quick release on the gas tank, it starts up and runs. Which part do i need to replace- the quick release fuel line or the part up inside the tank?

Which part do i need to replace- the quick release fuel line or the part up inside the tank?

Well each side has it's own check valve and they each seal when disconnected. It is probably just an "O" ring swelling from the ethanol fuel but you can't replace individual parts as far as I know. To me, the injector side looks like the more likely one to give trouble but that is just an opinion.

HD has to cover all the bases when designing these things so they check valve both sides. But when the time comes for me to have this problem, I would only make the tank side seal. I would maybe gut out the injector side O ring if it was easy to do because new parts are not redesigned & can do it again.

Back