free website stats program 2008 Street Glide Won't Start-Help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Street Glide Won't Start-Help

Fuel problem fixed! Got my bike back today. Sure enough, Glider was spot on once again and everyone else was real close. Ends up, the fuel line popped off the fuel pump. Tech says he's never seen it before. Glider, you saved me an additional hour charge for diagnostics since I recommended them checking the fuel line in the tank, based on your blog; I owe you a beverage of your choice!

For anyone else who may experience this problem, the main giveaway was a significant amount of fuel running down the fuel line inside the tank. I had about a half tank of fuel, removed the cap and pointed a flashlight into the tank opening while turning the ignition switch to ignition. I could see and hear a steady flow of fuel. When I got the bike back today, I did the same check and although I could see a little fuel running, I could not hear anything but the pump running and it was much less volume. I recommend folks take a look when their system is functioning properly so they have a frame of reference if they have a problem.

Many thanks Glider and others who provided potential causes for my problem!
:D

FOSTERS! :lolrolling

Glad to help you out and glad they didn't nail you to the wall doing it.

Back