free website stats program 2008 Street Glide limp mode | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Street Glide limp mode

So it turned out to be the ECM module behind the air cleaner. The whole unit was replaced plenum and all.

I had heard of the plug that plugs into the unit having issues but this was not the case for me.

Lucky for me it was covered under my extended warranty.

I am back in businesss. It's great to be riding again

Good to see ya got it fixed. :s

Sorry - They did not say what the actual failure was. They did say that they had to replace the whole unit because the ECM and Plenum are all one unit.

I have wrenched on older cars but have not delved into wrenching bikes, especially newer ones.

Well, now you got a new unit, no worries regarding a repeat failure. Good for you!!

Well, now you got a new unit, no worries regarding a repeat failure. Good for you!!

Yeah - I hope not. I was glad it happened where it did. An hour before and I would not be able to begin to tell teh truck where to pick us up.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

-Chuck

Yeah - I hope not. I was glad it happened where it did. An hour before and I would not be able to begin to tell teh truck where to pick us up.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

-Chuck

Cheeseman - was the cost covered by other than you? Did you have to sweet talk them or did you pay for it? If you did have to pay for it, I'd like to get an idea of what it cost.

So it turned out to be the ECM module behind the air cleaner. The whole unit was replaced plenum and all.

I had heard of the plug that plugs into the unit having issues but this was not the case for me.

Lucky for me it was covered under my extended warranty.

I am back in businesss. It's great to be riding again

Above is your answer bro. (Extended warranty)

Cheeseman - was the cost covered by other than you? Did you have to sweet talk them or did you pay for it? If you did have to pay for it, I'd like to get an idea of what it cost.

It was covered by extended warranty.

I didn't have to sweet talk them. The first thing they asked was if I had an extended warranty and that it should cover this.

-Chuck

It was covered by extended warranty.

I didn't have to sweet talk them. The first thing they asked was if I had an extended warranty and that it should cover this.

-Chuck

Unfortunately, I am the second owner of my bike so I don't have any warranty. I still hope that HD recalls this but probably not.:small3d002:

Unfortunately, I am the second owner of my bike so I don't have any warranty. I still hope that HD recalls this but probably not.:small3d002:

Sorry to hear that.

I bought mine used from a dealer here in SOCAL. I bought a 3 year extended warranty. I probably came close to paying for it with this repair. (not sure what the actual cost is for diagnosis+labor+parts).

I had one other thing done on a warranty which was to replace a broken fairing brace.

I hope you find out what the issue is.

Sorry to hear that.

I bought mine used from a dealer here in SOCAL. I bought a 3 year extended warranty. I probably came close to paying for it with this repair. (not sure what the actual cost is for diagnosis+labor+parts).

I had one other thing done on a warranty which was to replace a broken fairing brace.

I hope you find out what the issue is.
Well I am ready for it, and I know it will happen sooner or later, for codes P1511 and P2135 to come up again. I will have it diagnosed and repaired then because I ignorantly cleared these codes :bigsmiley22: I just wonder if they will guarantee that it will not happen again and if it does, I hope I can get them to pay for the re-re-re-do! I feel this way because I have such a hard time finding customer satisfaction with just about everything in life I pay for today.

Back