free website stats program 2008 Softail Deluxe Starting / Running Problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Softail Deluxe Starting / Running Problem

I stuck a screwdriver at the chrome disconnect under the fuel tank. I have fuel when I turn on the ignition. No sure what the pressure should be but it continuously runs.

I did find a collaspe portion at the fuel line from the quick disconnet to the fuel injectors not sure if this is the problem. Doesn't seem like a huge kink where it bends.

The fuel pump pressure should be ~ 60psi but it is difficult to check without the special fittings. I wish there was a quick & cheap way to check it.

Push in on the hose (quick disconnect) at the tank. Keep pushing you finger on it while you attempt to start the engine. The "check valve" may not be releasing fuel using the screwdriver but possibly the hose is not. The hose may click in place but may not be pushing in deep enough to release fuel. (?)

From here it sure sounds like no fuel. No codes post when you attempt to crank and start? I can't believe BOTH injectors are not firing. They get their power from the same point as the fuel pump. If the fuel pump is running, the injectors are getting power also.

Hoople

You would not believe what I think the problem is! Mind you I think, the dealer does not have the part in stock, cannot confirm until tommorrow evening.

Hint- it has to do with fuel pressure, delivery and filteration.

All,

I cannot describe the feeling of exuberance and conquest!!!!
The cracked fuel filter housing was the final culprit to the bike not running.
I just got back from a 10 plus mile test drive and boy does it feel good. I am in the process of cleaning her up, change oils and prep for a long drive tomorrow.

Thanks Hoople for the guidance

Hopefully, the experience I have gone through will benefit folks in the years to come.

Back