free website stats program 2008 Road King Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Road King Classic

glaze1

I bought a auxiliary brake/run /turn signal conversion kit for my 2008 Road King Classic and I need a wiring diagram. Per the instructions from the conversion kit, you have to cut a few wires and I need the diagram to locate them accordingly.

glaze1, First off, welcome to the forum. You came to the right place for all of your questions about your new ride. In regards to your current question, check out this link:
HD Brake/ Run/ Turn Conversion Kit - Archive - Harley Davidson Community it should be exactly what you're looking for. In the future, always check the self-help section of the forum first. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, simply post it in the approriate forum and voila!, you'll get someone who will answer your question almost immediately. Again, welcome and enjoy the forum.

Amen to Bud's post...generally speaking, before doing a mod that involves "cutting" think about what you are doing. You are introducing a mod, probably soldering point to point w/ heat shrink which is fairly permanent AND if you need to service, you have to do additional cutting or resoldering rework to change. If you use connectors, are they weather resistant, using the correct crimping tool and not going to abrade or get pinched by tight packaging? :31:

Plenty of thought has to be made before doing either...that is why MOST modifications usually are a "kit" form, so all the necessary stuff AND R&D has been done beforehand, that is what we PAY for when we buy. In a world of millions of people with ideas, odds are GREAT that knowledge and experience far greater was packaged in the product we pick up, than meets the eye. :s

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everyone. I actually already had the instructions for the conversion kit, but I did not read it thorougly before posting. It works great and thanks again.

Good deal Glaze1 and BTW welcome to HDTimeline, hope you stay around awhile and check out the good stuff here using the tabs near the top of the page, in particular and contribute some good threads as well. :D

If this is a HD kit it should be a direct plug in

If it is an after market kit you might want to reconsider getting the HD kit that does not require any wire cutting.

Back