2008 Road Glide

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by baron, May 11, 2008.

1. baron

baron Member

Hello Everyone, my name is Eric and I just purchased a '08 Road Glide. I am wondering if there are any service videos or good manuals that show how to remove the front fairing and do routine service.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:D

2. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

Buy an official DH manual and the self help site has a wealth of information

3. baron

baron Member

OK, help me here...what is a DH Manual? Where can I get one?

Thanks,

Eric

4. baron

baron Member

Ahhhhh...I bet you meant HD...not DH from your other post.

Eric

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

The factory manual is available from your HD dealer and is about the best as far as info.

As far as service help, check out the self help forum in the link at the bottom of tis post.

6. baron

baron Member

Glider,

Thanks, I will get the manual from the HD dealer. I am also checking out the Self Help Section.

Appreciate it.

Baron

7. Fisher

Fisher Account Removed

DO NOT REMOVE THAT FAIRING unless absolutely necessary.You will regret it.There is no routine service that requires it.Please trust me on this.

8. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

Take this advice.Unless you have above avg. expierience in electrical repair you will be doing more harm than good.It may look like everything went fine once the R@I is completed however one wire either pulled or pushed in the wrong direction can cause chaffing or a pinch.You wont realize the harm youv done for months or perhaps years.In the event you choose to take it apart, take special care to recognize pinched or wires with an excesive bend along with any indication of rubbing.

9. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

1) This forum!
    2) HD Service manual
    3) Fix My HOG DVD's
    4) This forum!

10. will2002

will2002 Member

It took me many years and lots of $$$$ to finally learn, " If it aint broke, don`t fix it! :cry :D :D