free website stats program 2008 or 2010 bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 or 2010 bike?

I have a 2008 Road Glide with a chopped tour pak and am thinking about getting a 2010 Ultra. My concerns are how the cats may hinder any exhaust mods I may want to do or if I only want some beter exhaust flow is it that big of a deal.

I put rinehart slip ons, a fuelpak, and SE air cleaner on the 08 and it runs good. Got the itch for a new bike with a few more bells and whistles. My dilema.....Keep the 2008 or step up to the new 2010 Ultra?

:small3d012:

Tough call. I get the new bike itch once in a while but then I sit down and remind myself how long (and how much $$$) it's taken to get my current bike set up just the way I like it. And I know I'm not done yet! You've got to ask yourself if you're ready to start all over with that process.

Also, do some soul searching as to what it is about a new Ultra that attracts you. Is it just the fact that it would be a new bike or are there some features it has that you can't add to your Road Glide.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

2009 and 2010 brought about some much needed frame and suspension changes. See if you can take a '10 Ultra on an extended test ride and I think you will agree the improvement in the ride and handling is dramatic.

I would suggest to look at the 09s. There are not many difference with the 10s, but the major difference is the exhaust. The 09s did not have the cats and can be set up just like the 08. There are plenty of 09s left over and you should be able to get a pretty good deal.:s

Back