free website stats program 2008 muffler (screaming eagle) compatibilty | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 muffler (screaming eagle) compatibilty

I know there is an internal difference, with the right side having more packing, approximately 85% of the airflow goes down the right side.

That's why I couldn't use the SEs on the true dual set-up, unequal pressure/air flow.

I know there is an internal difference, with the right side having more packing, approximately 85% of the airflow goes down the right side.

That's why I couldn't use the SEs on the true dual set-up, unequal pressure/air flow.
and where did that info come from i have never heard of that before

My 96", 09 FLHR came with the Left Side Smaller on the rear opening. They use it as more of a back-flow and Balance adjuster out of the collector.

Most of the exhaust comes Out of the right muffler on the models like mine using Non True Duels.

True Duels REQUIRE both mufflers of the Right side size...

Yes, the PARTIAL exhaust does come Under the bike from the Collector and allows a tinny sounding smaller muffler for the Left side.

Looking at the Rear openings will tell you which one is the smaller one...

When I put on V&H slip-ons, I used BOTH the same size (right) mufflers.

I do like the sound of my 09. Not being True Duels and using Both sides the larger muffler.

I would NOT want to use the Original (left sound box) TINNY IMO.

I find my bike runs good and with the Gen4 from Dobecks, I can ADJUST any fuel mixture I want.

Eh Steve07 !!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

Back