free website stats program 2008 muffler (screaming eagle) compatibilty | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 muffler (screaming eagle) compatibilty

leo13

I changed my 2008 FLHTC to true duals (Fullsac/Supertrapps). I am selling my Factory Screaming Eagles and got a call from the new buyer of a 2013 Road King wanting to buy my SE mufflers. I told her I didn't think they would be a good fit for her bike as the back pressure may not be correct, but said I would research and let her know.

Would my SEs work on the 2013 Road King? I'm thinking they would be best on 2007-2008? Or would they work on 2003-2008?

The Road King is a 2013. The SEs are off of my 2008. I want to be able to tell a prospective buyer if they will work for them or not.

Thx

The 2013 HD catalog shows all SE slip on's as fitting '09 later and '10 later, with exceptions being 110 cu. in. I can't answer why. I thought touring slip on's were the same fitment, but maybe different volumes?

The 2013 HD catalog shows all SE slip on's as fitting '09 later and '10 later, with exceptions being 110 cu. in. I can't answer why. I thought touring slip on's were the same fitment, but maybe different volumes?

When the exhaust that goes under the frame 2009 96" and 2010 96" and 103" later the mufflers are different than 2008 and back....

When the exhaust that goes under the frame 2009 96" and 2010 96" and 103" later the mufflers are different than 2008 and back....

But all the aftermarket mfgs. show slip on's from '95-'12 as fitting. I wonder if HD's reason for difference is muffler volume? I have read that some years touring left side was different from right. I've switched L.& R. on mine with no noticeable difference in sound or performance.

But all the aftermarket mfgs. show slip on's from '95-'12 as fitting. I wonder if HD's reason for difference is muffler volume? I have read that some years touring left side was different from right. I've switched L.& R. on mine with no noticeable difference in sound or performance.

Interesting point but very true.... As most aftermarket mufflers are not left or right specific...

Between wheel and muffler interchangeability, I'm having to reevaluate some of what I thought I knew today. :newsmile063:

i just bought a set of 4 inch rineharts says on the box for 1995 to 2013 i have them on my 2003 road king

Back