free website stats program 2008 Heritage+PCV+Auto tune | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Heritage+PCV+Auto tune

Thanks. Somebody told me that normal Temperature is between 90 and 100 deg C.
It is popping unregular on different rpm and sometime multiple popping.
Thank you for your patients. I have not so big idea and just start learning the stuff.

no 110c is about 230f witch is normal on a day with temp about 26c or above you can drop temp down to 100c using synthetic oil , but running hot would be abve 250 deg f = 121 c , the exhaust you have is this slip on mufflers or whole exhaust system

With the pc v on the setup you have , there should be no problems ,if the rite map is used , also if the directions on the installation where follow and you did not miss somthing , I have never delt with the guys a FM where you got your tuner from but I here they have good reputation with there service , I would not hesitate to speak with them on your issues , but I will tell you to go over your installation and make sure it is correct , the problems you are having can be created from a multiple of things ,but you need to go over all the basics first ,again I would call FM back and speak to them about your isssues

Thanks Crocker. I get in contact with them as well now.
One thing i found out. I checked the temperature today wit an infrared Thermometer. That one giving me a 10 degrees lower reading so it might be that the thermometer isnt good. So i panic for nothing. Just came back from an 120 kilometer ride and i have the feeling that the popping getting less. I have also lower trims now. Seems it work out now.
Anyway thank you for the information you gave me.
Best regards
Stoertebecker

that good to here , sometimes we except results sooner the later , sound asthough the map was not so close to what your needs were , it will then take sometime for the autotune feature to do its thing , May I suggest ride 15 to 20 miles then restart your bike , your bike will learn( memorize ) your riding habits and adjust inside the parameters of your map (autotune) more quickly then just making long rides . give it a couple of days and see if the bike is getting better with the issues. Good luck and enjoy

Ok i will do that. I thought long rides will make him learn faster. I will do shorter rides and switch off bike then i will check the trims and continue the ride.
Hope the weather will stay good.

Back