2008 Heritage+PCV+Auto tune

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by stoertebecker, Sep 1, 2009.

1. stoertebecker

stoertebecker Member

Hi
    Maybe somebody can help me.
    I installed my PCV with auto tune on my bike.
    All working so far but if i decrease throttle it is popping and my bike is running hot. What i need to change to richen the engine ?
    I attach my map before accepting the trims and after.
    Hope somebody has an idea.
    Thanks
    stoertebecker

2. stoertebecker

stoertebecker Member

Somehow i cant see my uploaded files.
    Here now as zip file

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

you dont have enough posts to attach stuff yet.. where did you get the map from ?

4. stoertebecker

stoertebecker Member

Now it worked. I used rar instead of zip.
    I got the map from Jamie at Fuelmoto. I did today a ride of 350 kilometers and found the mentioned things. Beside i try to understand the way it is working. As far as i know my engine is running lean if i have the mentioned symthoms.
    Hope i am right.

5. Bud White

yes it should be lean sorry cant help ya with the file as i cant open a Pcv file as all i have is a 3 do you have the autotune mod ?

6. stoertebecker

stoertebecker Member

Yes the Auto Tune Modules are installed.

7. Bud White

should tune out the problem on its own then right ?

8. Crocker

Crocker Active Member

need more info on your conditions , runs hot ? whats the temp ,decel pop ? when all rpms are just certain areas , what exhaust do you have and did you install a free flowing air filter , I would go over your install first then check for exhaust leaks , then reload the map and see what happens / make sure you have the rite map/maybe the wrong map was loaded, if so it would take more then usual time for the A/T to do its thing, also you might want to check to see if the 02 sensors are working , if one was not working or both you would get the condition you describe .thats all I can tell you with the little info you gave , maybe contact fuel moto

9. stoertebecker

stoertebecker Member

Thanks for the input. My oil temperature on the oildipstick is 110 degree celsius after running about 350 kilometers. How can i check exhaust leaks?
    I have a Hypercharger Pro R with a european Kess-Tech exhaust pipes.

10. Crocker

Crocker Active Member

Ok soo 110 deg C would be normal operating temp, So you are not running hot , Now we need to know when your decel popping is occuring , is it every time you let off the throttle from a certain rpm or any rpm , is it one pop multiple popping .