free website stats program 2008 Heritage and Thundermax | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Heritage and Thundermax

Thats the one i have but with electronic control. I bypass it to have it always open. I need to close only if i have a traffic control :s . I used before a PCV with autotune but it getting too crowded under the seat. Therefore i change to the TM.

There is something a LITTLE similiar on the International H-D models.There is what is called an Active Exhaust valve in the system that opens and closes at different RPM'S for noise requirements.

On advice from Zippers,i had to de-activate this when i fitted my T/max;merely by pulling out the pin connector.(mine was cycling open and closed continously)I think you will probably have to do this also.By taking off this 20 pin plug,the Active Exhaust defaults to the open position;ie free-er flowing.

You're right,Brisbane isn't a bad place to be,except for the heat and humidity for 4 months of the year.

There is something a LITTLE similiar on the International H-D models.There is what is called an Active Exhaust valve in the system that opens and closes at different RPM'S for noise requirements.

On advice from Zippers,i had to de-activate this when i fitted my T/max;merely by pulling out the pin connector.(mine was cycling open and closed continously)I think you will probably have to do this also.By taking off this 20 pin plug,the Active Exhaust defaults to the open position;ie free-er flowing.

You're right,Brisbane isn't a bad place to be,except for the heat and humidity for 4 months of the year.

Actually,on second thought,you've already disconnected the Active Exhaust by fitting a different system.
I was unable to edit once i posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i deactivate it and disconnect as well the bridge on it. Then it linked to the laptop. Map is on and also initialized. Now i need only dry weather for a test run.

It is done. Just finished first testdrive with the Thundermax. All went well and the bike is running smooth.
I use map 525.
What i found out is that if the sidestand is out and i go to the first gear the engine does not shutt off anymore. Normally the engine shuts off then.
Strange.
Anyway thanks you all for your help

It is done. Just finished first testdrive with the Thundermax. All went well and the bike is running smooth.
I use map 525.
What i found out is that if the sidestand is out and i go to the first gear the engine does not shutt off anymore. Normally the engine shuts off then.
Strange.
Anyway thanks you all for your help

At this point,you could now try the Accelerated Auto Map Procedure as described on page 57 of the manual.This will be a "fine tune" of your tune and you should do it a few times.Really simple too.

As for the sidestand issue,the T/max is only really made for U.S models which ,i believe,dont have a sidestand ignition cut-out. Or an active exhaust switch.These are only on International models and are not configured into T/maxes.

Hi
I start now to read myself into it. I will look at the mentioned pages.
Your right the sidestand issue and the active exhaust is only on the international Models.
I install the newest firmware and found out that the link to the laptop is working even with the active exhaust switch. I am not sure if it is due to the new firmware or that the problems exist only on the first time link. Anyway i am happy with it.

Back