free website stats program 2008 Heritage and Thundermax | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Heritage and Thundermax

Hi guys
I bought a thundermax for my 2008 Heritage Classic (european).
I like to use it together with the Hypercharger Pro R and 2in2 3" (Kess-Tech) muffler.
Can somebody recommend me a map to use ? I can not find a basemap for the 2in2.
Thanks in advance
regards
stoertebecker

Hi guys
I like to use it together with the Hypercharger Pro R and 2in2 3" (Kess-Tech) muffler.
Thanks in advance
regards
stoertebecker

What sort of exhaust system is yours?Does it have a balance pipe between front and rear ?

If that Kess-Tech is the (a) unit which has a two-position flow setting it's going to be a little problematic to tune, I'd think.

Hi guys
Thanks in advance
regards
stoertebecker

I'll try again.Well actually,a third time.THAT 5 minute limit on edits.:devil

If your pipe has a balance pipe ,maybe you could consider it something like a 2 into 1 Fat Cat and try map 525.

In any event,if you're using it now ,you must already have a map fitted.Go to pages 56 & 57 in the Smartlink Tuning Manual and check out:Tuning Experience Benefits-covers different pipes; and Accelerated Auto Map Procedure-create your own map.Easy as.The manual is available as a free download from Zippers.

Good luck

What sort of exhaust system is yours?Does it have a balance pipe between front and rear ?

Just get up from bed(9 am here). So now my answers. The TM is not yet installed.
Yes it has a balance pipe. I will read the mentioned pages and try the map.
I plan to install it this weekend.

@glens
Yes it is the one with two positions but most of the time i use the open position.

Thanks for your help.
I will report any news.

I'm guessing that with the balance pipe,your system is SORT of like a 2into 1,and that you are quite correct in stating there's no direct specific match in the efi maps list.

IF you use this analogy(sort of a 2 into 1)then maybe you could use maps382,391or525.Map 525 would be the latest,and therefore your best bet-IFyou go this way.Remember,i'm guessing.

Try loading map 525 .Go through the process;select your map(525 in this case)check the base settings,write it to the module,clear Learned Fuel Adjustments and Learned Idle Control Adjustments,initialize the module,start the engine and then run the IAC Auto Calibration.
Run your bike for a bit-if it runs(meaning the map is close if it does or way off if it dosen't).Only after this try the things suggested on page 57 of the Manual.There is a GREAT 9 1/2 minute video on youtube titled :Basic set up for the Thundermax efi" that you should look at.

That and an e mail to Zippers who i've found pretty helpful.

Thank you biscuit. Btw I was a while in Brisbane as seaman. I like it there and nearly settle down there due to a job offer from the port.
Best regards
stoertebecker

Back