free website stats program 2008 Fuel System Recall? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Fuel System Recall?

We got ours in Monday and have run thru 9 and got 6 more in yesterday.

So keep checkin with your dealers.

Peterson's HD North Miami was KIND ENOUGH to start a list for their customers as they called in with their recalls, and called as soon as my name was next on the list and got me right in and swapped out - and my 10G mile service. :small3d026:

Scuttlebutt from others in my riding club is that another certain BIG TIME HD DEALER in the SoFla area is doing them on a first come first serve basis and not even giving their customers the courtesy nor the kind of service that Peterson's HD is :newsmile058:. I guess it is what it is!

Y'all have a great day! :bigsmiley23:

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I just got my bike home, they chamfered the rear brake pad because I've had a squeal since say one home with her, AND IT'S STILL SQUEALING!! and now they have ANOTHER RECALL for the Bremco brakes on the rear for all touring bikes!!! couldn't they have sent that out at the same time so I could have had it done at the same time!

Last edited by a moderator:
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I just got my bike home, they chamfered the rear brake pad because I've had a squeal since say one home with her, AND IT'S STILL SQUEALING!! and now they have ANOTHER RECALL for the Bremco brakes on the rear for all touring bikes!!! couldn't they have sent that out at the same time so I could have had it done at the same time!

How did you find out about the recall on the Brembo brakes i dont see it listed under my bikes Vin ..

I say that i thought it was gonna be a recall .. Im not going to waste my time then as it will come back with that fix

I just went on the Harley Davidson website and put in my vin number and up pops recall notice 0135: 2008 FL TOURING FILTER SHELL.

I just had it in for the 1000 mile service at the dealer last week and no mention of this issue. I guess I'll read through the rest of the widom in this thread and call the dealer.

sgsam:eam

I just went on the Harley Davidson website and put in my vin number and up pops recall notice 0135: 2008 FL TOURING FILTER SHELL.

I just had it in for the 1000 mile service at the dealer last week and no mention of this issue. I guess I'll read through the rest of the widom in this thread and call the dealer.

sgsam:eam

I would definitely have a talk with your dealer - this recall's been out for awhile now. Getting the part in seems to be the major problem at most dealerships - maybe that's why they didn't mention it - no part on hand. Still a poor excuse for not telling you your bike is part of the recall when you have it in to THEIR place for routine maintenance.

Back