free website stats program 2008 Fuel System Recall? | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Fuel System Recall?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Lots of talk about fuel pump problems on 2008 touring bikes. Went to the HD website, entered my VIN and mileage, and all that came up was routine maintenance intervals. If a recall was in effect, is this where it would show up? Does HD just send out notices and keep the info off the website? Does a dealer have a different website they can look for recall info that's not accessable to the general public?

I figure if I keep obsessing about it, it won't happen to my bike!

I would like to know to as i found out nothing the other night and the other sights ya can find recalls at say nothing for 08's

Usually with a recall, the owners of the affected bikes are notified by the MoCo to bring them in for an upgrade by mail.

I was out on Sunday trying to get lost on back country roads when all of a sudden the bike stalled. Difficult to start, began spitting, coughing, had no power and did not want to run at all. I nursed it to the local Harley dealer that had about 300 bikes in the parking lot - all looking at this 2008 road king coughing, spitting and farting all over the place. Now, I'm a 63 year old fart and kinda embarassed to have to go through this scenario. Bottom line - fuel pump filter housing cracked ~ took 3 days for them to call me and state that was the problem. No mention of any recall...... told me to stay away from HD forums since they don't know anything. Well, (edited) happens, and I let this one slide. But next breakdown ..... well don't know what I'll do. Thanks for all the knowledge, comments and sharing this forum offers. BTW they didn't have any papers to sign because of warranty in-experience..??? I'm back riding again but somewhat leary about parts quality, etc.

Later,
Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thats a loaded question, especially since I'm a member of this forum (even though I'm the silent one). Dealer Service Reps, some mechanics (Techs) are not always stating the truth. Me, I enjoy folks that are down to earth, talk nuts and bolts, (regardless of education/profession), and enjoy riding. Nothing like the smell of fertilizer, mushroom soil, cut grass, cool winds and a Harley to clear the cob webs once in a while. I Like riding and trust folks that ride.
BTW Glider, My ride is the spittin image or yours (or now).
Later,
Ray

Wish I could learn to use avatars and stuff. Oh well, later. BTW - most folks in this forum do have good taste. But, I'm partial, love my wife, live for the bike. Gonna have a cold beer, catch up later.

Just got my recall notice in the mail today. My local HD said they don't even have the parts in yet, but I'm on the top of their list to call soon as they come in. I'll still call them in the next day or two.

I knew I wasn't CRAZY that day that I did a u-ee and the bike stalled... or the "chug-chug-chug" sound it makes at times... and I just got back from a 5000 3 week journey! How lucky am I that something bad didn't happen!!

But in searching this topic, I found y'alls forum, so now I'm here!

Be sure to check with your dealer about the recall kits. They are supposed to ship out this week, we haven't gotten any at work yet. But we have gotten phone calls.

Back