free website stats program 2008 fatboy starting problem | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 fatboy starting problem

Thanks to all my HD friends who have made a reply to my thread. Your support has really given me a boost to tackle my dealer and HDUK and I will keep you posted with regard to progress. Danny - your idea for MCN is really good. I agree with the synopsis for tying down the problem. To me its the relay or the wire to the solenoid - Ive mentioned this on several occasions but changing a wire is not what HD want to do. They will only change the whole wiring loom - but are baulking at the price!!

Well boys, I contacted my dealer and told him he'd had more than long enough to sort this problem and that I had no confidence that his 'techs' knew how to solve this by proper system testing. He 'threw his toys out of the pram' and is returning the bike to me as is !!! i have called HDUK and they have agreed to collect the bike and take it to another dealer (I could be an old man before I see it again). Ive pressed my dealer for compo for the 8 months without the bike, cost of insurance etc and im waiting his response.
Im absolutely stunned that an official HD dealer can act in this way. I really believe they dont know what they are doing when it comes to electrical problems. The service manager told me they were taking out the relays and fitting back 180 degrees out as they thought they were fitted wrong - what sort of engineering is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-(

The service manager told me they were taking out the relays and fitting back 180 degrees out as they thought they were fitted wrong - (

Only problem with that is the relays are "keyed". The configuration of the pins force you to install them with the correct orientation. They can't be installed 180* out.

Only problem with that is the relays are "keyed". The configuration of the pins force you to install them with the correct orientation. They can't be installed 180* out.

Precisely !! If these doughnuts are even trying this what the (EDIT) is going on. Why dont they just test the thing acc to the HD manual. (EDIT) you dont even need a manual - its just an off the shelf 12v relay. I cant tell you how mad I am today - ive trusted these chumps for 8 months and now they just hand it back to me unfixed - no apology, nothing !!!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang in there mate,im sure it will get sorted now HDUK are involved,they wont want to be associated with all the publicity this is causing,they also might want to reconsider the customer service training they give to there service and management depts,keep pressing for the compo!!,all the best mate

Are there any type of lemon laws in you neck of the woods. In the U.S. 30 days down for same fault and a certain number of tries can result in buy back to MOCO. Just a thought.

Are there any type of lemon laws in you neck of the woods. In the U.S. 30 days down for same fault and a certain number of tries can result in buy back to MOCO. Just a thought.

Thanks for the advise - but I dont thisnk that exists in the UK. What is MOCO ??

Hang in there mate,im sure it will get sorted now HDUK are involved,they wont want to be associated with all the publicity this is causing,they also might want to reconsider the customer service training they give to there service and management depts,keep pressing for the compo!!,all the best mate

Thanks for the support Danny. Im actaully quite relived that I had the big row today - its cleared the decks and at least got Dockgate 20 out of the equation. I'll let you know how thing progress

Last edited by a moderator:
Back