free website stats program 2008 dyna help me | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 dyna help me

John m

I picked up a 2008 twin cam motor with 6 speed transmission. I can't find a frame. I've checked all the after markets and they won't fit. Can I swap my transmission or do u guys know of a frame I can pick up for my build?

Your post is a little confusing, what are you trying to build? a Dyna? I know that combination will fit in a bagger

Being a new Member maybe a lot more info may help you get going in the right direction.
What is the end result you are trying to achieve??? What about all the necessary electronics needed to make combo run?

I'm thinking your going to have to do some frame modifications on whatever frame you find to make it a chopper.JMHO.

One option is to look for a "totalled" bike where the frame is not materially damage (road rash is OK, but bent frame members or cracked welded joints are not). You are looking for totaled bikes where the engine or tranny was significantly damaged and the insurance company totaled the bike due to the cost of repairing the engine/tranny. Or a bike that was in an accident with significant cosmetic damage but no material damage to the frame.

My bike was hit by a cager from the left rear. The repair cost was over $14K which was paid for by insurance but only because the bike was a '12 UC. An older bike would probably have been totaled.

Cheers,

TQ

Keep all your receipts, your frame you buy should have a certificate of origin, this will make the title process a whole lot faster, you will probably end up with a special construction title

Back