free website stats program 2008 Classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Classic

Dlingle, congrats on the new ride. The fine folks here at HDT won't steer you wrong. They have everything you need to help you on the service, but I do recommend the service manual. It's hard to get the grease smudges off the laptop, but I still don't go to the garage without it. :)

Dr. D, I bought my deuce off a dealer & didn't get an owner's manual, so I can see how someone can end up without it. Before you all chime in, I got really lucky I guess with my bike, I now know I did a lot of things 'wrong' when I got that bike, but I love it. :D :s

Someones loss but your gain,, we love our 08, its been problem free, and I can say right now the best mod I did was the TFI fuel management system, if I could only buy one item that would be it, sort of like the SE compensator as another member has said, but this one brings the heat down and the preformance up at a very reasonable cost.. Enjoy the bike,,, Tim

Good job on the find. I also just got a 08 Ultra with NO manual??? Spend the money and get the manuals I did. You can get them on pdf but I am old school and need paper. Is this your first HD. This is mine and I am finding out how HD stands for Hundred Dollars!!!!!!!!!!!! But I am loving it. Good luck with the new bike.
Rubber side down Shinny side UP!! Be safe.

I bought "LILLY" off a car lot that had bought her from a auction. So who knows where the owners manual went. But thanks for the info guys. The first thing I want is a different seat, lower and more profile. Any suggestions? Dave

Try finding an HD Reach seat on line. Save a lot that way. Those seats are great in my opinion. (Some love then, some hate them, thats normal) They lower you an inch and are much more narrow, even for the passenger and that makes them more comfortable. Look better than the stock seat as well.

Great find! It will be really nice to know you will have great fluids in it from just about the very beginning. Personally I am a fan of Mobile 1 in the engine and Spectro 6-speed in the transmission, but there are plenty of good lubricants to choose from in the lists of recommended items. You should be able to find at least one of them locally or order on-line. Congratulations!

The self help sections here are very large, so they will take some time to go through, but just about everything has been covered in some fashion.

The 08 is nice with the IDS on the rear wheel. I installed one on my 07 and it is really nice. I wish I had the 6 gallon tank as well.

Welcome aboard!! I have an 08 classic myself w/20k on it. She is vivid black and has been a great bike. You got Brembo brakes, six gallon tank, throttle by wire, a lot of goodies on it (possibly ABS depending on the model). Only mod I would recommend would be to switch out that stock compensator with the SE compensator. That completely eliminated that loud "knock" at start up. My bike was so loud sometimes it sounded like someone hit the case with a hammer. SE compensator completely eliminated it. Other than that ride and enjoy.

I have a 2010 RKC and was wondering about why it sounds so loud when I push the starter. It does sound like someone is hitting the crank case with a sledgehammer. What is all that about?

Roughly what would one expect to get an SE compensator put in, any idea?

stock compensator weak bottoms out ,,You can install the s/e compensator not hard,, good improvement.

Back