free website stats program 2008 Anniversary Color...Is it worth the money?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Anniversary Color...Is it worth the money??

Hey guys, I am wondering how do you guys like the cooper/black color? I just learned from the dealer that it cost about $1000 more than the 2 tones ones.
I am shopping for my 1st Ultra, 2nd HD, and I am not sure if is the color that I like or it just because it is a Anniversary edition... By the way, I also like the White Gold/Black two tone. What do you think????

PS: Is ABS worth the extra money also???
Thanks
David

Dude, all that matters is what YOU think. Buy the bike that you love, not the one that you think will win you the most approval from others.

Its your money, spend it wisely. Id go for the ABS and other funcional items that would make the bike yours.

Well, I have an 08 Copper and Black 105th Ultra Glide.

I'm the only one to have it so far in my H.O.G. chapter. Kind of sets me apart. The metallic copper really shines in the sun and I've had a number of postive comments about it. Just turned over 1,300 miles and taking her in for the 1M mile checkup. Bottom line...I like it. My wife perferred the red version:)

The ABS has already saved my butt. Ran into a bit of residual sand from the Indiana DOT. The ABS worked just like the version in my car..stopped me straight and clean.

It's what you like. I think it looks good on some models, I have an 05 fireman. But its the last special edition I'll own. Just to much hassel trying to get touch- up paint. The company wants you to send in the parts and they replace them at an extra cost even for MOCO.:bigsmiley10::eam

I almost ordered one when they first came out. I'm glad I didn't. When I say one in the sun light I immediately thought, "I'm going to be tired of this color in 6 months", so I went with Vivid Black and I'm glad I did. That being said; I know there are people who got them and like them so it's just a personal thing.

I bought an 03 with the 100 aniv. colors and emblems. I bought it a month ago, obviously used, and the overall price was the deciding factor, not the color. I do actually like it, though.

Here's my question, though. Do the anniversary issues command any higher price when you go to sell them? Or is it just a matter of personal choice re the colors.

I bought an 03 with the 100 aniv. colors and emblems. I bought it a month ago, obviously used, and the overall price was the deciding factor, not the color. I do actually like it, though.

Here's my question, though. Do the anniversary issues command any higher price when you go to sell them? Or is it just a matter of personal choice re the colors.

When it comes time to sell, even with a CVO bike, the price usually isn't any different than a normal bike of that year. All the hype the dealer may tell you goes right out the window with the special additions. I say this from my own experiences with a CVO bike in the past, nobody wants to pay any more than a regular model when they buy it even thou the CVO will cost 8-10K more than the standard one. Harley has flooded the market by increasing production and resale on these bikes is down the drain.

I bought an 03.....
Do the anniversary issues command any higher price when you go to sell them? Or is it just a matter of personal choice re the colors.

I just got the '95 '30th Anniversary Edition' of the ElectraGlide. I really like the color combo & got it at a nice price. The 'advantage' of the Anni.Ed. in '95 was that it was the first production EFI. I love it! One of my friends just picked up his '08 copper/black Ultra & they were sitting side by side on Sunday; I have to say, mine looked a lot nicer.......to me anyway !!! And that's good enough for me. :s

As far as ABS, I have little use for it in a car (or truck) but on a bike, it would be VERY nice. Going "high side" would be no fun & ABS would help to prevent that, IMHO.
1995HARLEYDAVIDSONFLHTCELECTRAGLIDE.jpg

Last edited:
Back