free website stats program 2007 xl1200c sportster no start | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 xl1200c sportster no start

9senator2011

Yesterday my 2007 xl1200c sporty tipped. I uprighted it and left it overnight without trying to start it. It would not start the next day. I discovered the BAS
(Bank Angle Sensor). It is supposed to recycle by turning the switch off and on.
I have done this, still no crank, will not even turn over. On the speedometer there is a light in the shape of a key that comes on when I turn on the ignition. I have checked all the fuses. Can anyone help? What does the "key light" indicate?

Did the odometer say tilt, and when you cycled key did you turn on for a minute then off for a minute and then back on???????

I used my right grip on/off switch for about the 2nd time ever, last weekend. When I went to start the bike, the red key light came on, and nothing happened. I finally figured that the "kill" switch was still in off position, switched it on, and all was well again. :24:

The "key light" indicates the security system, something may have happened when you tipped your bike. The procedure to reset the tip indicator is to cycle the ignition/headlamp switch ON-Off-ON.

Yesterday my 2007 xl1200c sporty tipped. I uprighted it and left it overnight without trying to start it. It would not start the next day. I discovered the BAS
(Bank Angle Sensor). It is supposed to recycle by turning the switch off and on.
I have done this, still no crank, will not even turn over. On the speedometer there is a light in the shape of a key that comes on when I turn on the ignition. I have checked all the fuses. Can anyone help? What does the "key light" indicate?

Alarms and Security Related Issues - Harley Davidson Community may be an answer in here:s

Back