free website stats program 2007 Wideglide jiffy stand extension | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Wideglide jiffy stand extension

Spade5

I am looking for something to make it easier to find the jiffy stand when putting it down.

The years are catching up with me I would like to not have to bend the leg and search around for it.

I see some older posts on this and apparently HD does not make one for the Dyna so I am hoping someone has an idea.

I have had an aftermarket extension kit fitted to my 94 fxdwg would have been made by custom chrome or zodiac as the supplier I used at the time sold products by both companies it would have been early 2008 that I got it and it is still there doing a good job

Brian

Thanks Brian, I will see what I can find. I know it sounds dumb but I don't have a jack and cannot look and see where the stand is when it is raised. I keep thinking I will see someone on a Dyna so I can look at their bike. I figure I look like some kind of bozo fishing around with my foot trying to find it.

The side stand pivots from under the frame of the bike just left of the centreline
When it is folded there is a wee tip that sticks out just to the rear of the primary cover up against the frame and is very difficult to get a good purchase on
the extension places a good purchase point on the stand just clear of the primary cover
when the stand is down the extension sticks up off the end of the stand it does not look great but works great

Brian

I have one from H-D on my '07 Super Glide, works great, don't know if it fits a Wide Glide.

Back