free website stats program 2007 Ultra hard to start when warm or hot | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Ultra hard to start when warm or hot

Battery 101, I wish we could test each cell individually like the old days. A battery must be fully charged before ANY testing IMO or you are wasting your time
Coke No ice I dont drink

I have good news on my slow cranking and hot start problem. I finally purchased a new battery and it cranks fast again. The old battery was tested two times and both times the battery shop told me it was a good one with 12.6 volts. One thing I realized the hard way after an hour of taking covers off and looking at fuses and reading the owners manual was the new deca battery comes with new bolts that will loosen very quickly without star washers. I rode the an hour today and after the ride the next time I tried to start it the bike would crank fast but not start which turned out to be a loose battery neg cable. Luckily this happened in my parents driveway. I then used the old bolts from the original battery that have the star washer and rode it home.

Back