free website stats program 2007 stator/alternator | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 stator/alternator

frang413

i bought a new Odyssey battery for my 07 heritage.according to the manual with the battery that unless the bike has a minimum 3-phase 40amp system the battery could go dead after riding about 150 miles.does anyone know what the charging system is on a 2007 heritage v-twin.the dealer where i bought the bike couldn't tell me.

Just buy the Harley battery...it's far superior. I gave away the last Odyssey battery that I had.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Oddesy is 2 years old and never had a problem. IMO The Oddesy has more cranking reserve than HD battery.

My Oddesy is 2 years old and never had a problem. IMO The Oddesy has more cranking reserve than HD battery.

Yup i know they have more reserve than the H-D batteries.That's one reason why i bought it.The only problem i guess is the big v-twins use more power for running and if your charging system is to small it won't charge the battery while it's running.the one i bought is the pc545mj(military rated) and requires the 40amp system.the older Harleys ran either a 32 or 38 amp system.from i've been able to find out some 2007 went to the 40 amp system but i'm not sure about my bike.been on 3 different forums and still can't find out what system a 07 heritage uses.

Yup i know they have more reserve than the H-D batteries.That's one reason why i bought it.The only problem i guess is the big v-twins use more power for running and if your charging system is to small it won't charge the battery while it's running.the one i bought is the pc545mj(military rated) and requires the 40amp system.the older Harleys ran either a 32 or 38 amp system.from i've been able to find out some 2007 went to the 40 amp system but i'm not sure about my bike.been on 3 different forums and still can't find out what system a 07 heritage uses.

WHY NOT CALL YOUR LOCAL HARLEY SHOP AND ASK THEM........ THEY SHOULD KNOW!

signed....BUBBIE

i did. they didn't know
All they have to do is look in a 07 parts book at the stator, duhhh, I had a local hog member call me yesterday because he called our local dealer and between the service manager, service writer and their lead tech they could not tell him how to put his ign switch back in his glide, it took less then a mimute on the phone and he was up and running when he called me, why are they called dealerships????? Well I know the 07 touring bikes have a 3-phase 50 amp stator so I'm sure even on a softail you're safe running that battery, I have freinds that tried the high out put aftermarket batteries because most of them have high output 100+ engines and you know what, most of them have went back to running factory Harley batteries.

i bought a new Odyssey battery for my 07 heritage.according to the manual with the battery that unless the bike has a minimum 3-phase 40amp system the battery could go dead after riding about 150 miles.does anyone know what the charging system is on a 2007 heritage v-twin.the dealer where i bought the bike couldn't tell me.

Frang; According to my posted link, it's a 3 phase 38 amp system. I do not know the accuracy of thier info. Hope it helps. Next time you're in that dealership, tell them if there is anything THEY want to know about Harleys, you will find out for them HERE! :D (at least we try)
2007 Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic

Frang; According to my posted link, it's a 3 phase 38 amp system. I do not know the accuracy of thier info. Hope it helps. Next time you're in that dealership, tell them if there is anything THEY want to know about Harleys, you will find out for them HERE! :D (at least we try)
2007 Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic

I GOOGLED "AMPS ON 2007 SOFTAIL HARLEY"

3 PHASE 38 AMPS WAS THE ANSWER SO IT MUST BE....

signed....BUBBIE

I GOOGLED "AMPS ON 2007 SOFTAIL HARLEY"

3 PHASE 38 AMPS WAS THE ANSWER SO IT MUST BE....

signed....BUBBIE

yup i just found a site that says that too.guess if you have a bike question the dealer is not the place to go.the guy at the on-line store(BatteryStuff.com) says it's a direct replacement for the Harley battery and will work fine in the 07 heritage.

Back