free website stats program 2007 Sportster cam came out | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Sportster cam came out

I want to thank everyone for the input i did pull the rocker boxes and the push rod lifted just enough to get it back in :D .. as to why it came out .. the bike was on the kick stand it was just the wiggling of the side cover to get it off that let it pull out with the bushing..again thanks everyone she looks great and is back on the road.

That fin gives good advice on these Not talked about wee problems...:D

Hopefully You Aligned it to match markings?

Just not stuffed it in.. Just asking.

signed....BUBBIE

That fin gives good advice on these Not talked about wee problems...:D

Hopefully You Aligned it to match markings?

Just not stuffed it in.. Just asking.

signed....BUBBIE

That is perhaps because because the same happened to me one time as i pulled the cover off without first reading my book and i said oh bother or words to that effect and then set about putting things right
But your right just a wee problem that is easily put right

Brian

So this happened to me while wanting to paint the cam cover.. After allt of research and seeing that i might have to pull topend apart i came up with this solution...first i counted the teeth between each timing dot.. I put into place once i was confident that i had it lined up correctly and used a small 3lb sledge and lightly tapped the cam til it pushed the lifter up again the spring pressure and voila! Worked like a charm.. Took a chance and it had been running good ever since..took 10 mins and alot of praying..lol

Back