free website stats program 2007 Roadking Won't Start | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Roadking Won't Start

jbabk

Contributor
My 07 Roadking toppled over in my garage. I was putting it on the lift table and hit wrong and lost my footing. I picked the bike up and let it sit for about 5 minutes. It started right up and ran for about 30 seconds and then shut down. Now all it does is turn over but does not try to start. I checked the codes and they are all clear. I am looking for suggestions. There is no alarm system on the bike.

No bank angle sensor on that bike, right? But it shouldn't have started at all if so.

If it is cranking, there is power from the battery. Check for spark at the plugs. Also, when you turn on the switch, can you hear the fuel pump charge up the line? Should run for a few seconds.

Let us know.

TQ

I tried it again this am and still no go. Yes I do hear the fuel pump charging up the line. Could a fall screw up the main module?

Thanks for your reply. I have turned the ignition switch on several times but still no start. I just tried it before leaving for work and I did get a backfire out of it and then the battery died. I am now recharging the battery and will try again at noon.

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite possible that the discharged battery is causing you a problem with the starting. You need a minimum of about 9+ volts to get the bike to run.

Check the fuel fitting at the tank. It is like an air hose connection, make sure it's seated. If your pump is priming, and it ran for 30 seconds, it's possible it got knocked loose.

Is that correct that there is no tip sensor on an 07? I would have expected a tip sensor for the turn signals and for auto engine shut down in a tip over. If it does have that feature, how is the engine shut down, ignition or fuel? If that same half of the fuel or fire requirement is missing now, it would suggest a stuck or broken tip sensor.

Glider - Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I went home at noon after the battery had time to build up and it started right up. But the strange thing was that it originally started and ran for about 30 seconds and shut off. That's when I ran the battery down trying to start it again. Well any way thanks everyone for you help and suggestions. This site is great for helping people out.

JB

Back