2007 Road King Problem

Discussion in 'Other Harley Davidson Models' started by silentflyer, Jun 14, 2009.

1. silentflyer

silentflyer Active Member

Went riding yesterday with a buddy who has a 2007 RK, at somepoint during the ride he noticed the neutral light and the security light "on", he was in gear and riding all seemed normal. He pulled over and stopped, shut the bike down and tried to start it, no joy, the only way it would run is if we unhooked the battery let is sit for about 1 minute, and then it would start/run OK, at some point the lights would come on again. We got it home any shut doen took the unhook battery deal, ideas?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. silentflyer

Headed over there today, will pull the codes, it was late when we got in. Thanks!

4. ajjacobs

ajjacobs Active Member

This happened on my 07 street bob. Its likely a loose connection to the neutral sensor. Also the bike would have started with the clutch pulled in, did for mine. No need to pull the batt.

AJ

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

6. ajjacobs

ajjacobs Active Member

Good info! Do we know if the Dyna's used that same switch or, was this specific to the RK's?

AJ

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Good question AJ, I would say that it is the same switch.

8. silentflyer

Codes did show neutral sensor errors, it's under the warrenty so he is headed to the dealer with it, hope they trat him right...Thanks guys..

9. ajjacobs

ajjacobs Active Member

This just happened to my Dyna again yesterday. Can anyone confirm that the same faulty switch used in the RKs was also used in the Dynas? Also is P/N: 33926-06B the correct replacement for my Dyna? Thanks for all the help.

AJ

10. glider

glider Veteran Member