free website stats program 2007 RK Custom Before (Pythons) and After (Big Louie's) | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 RK Custom Before (Pythons) and After (Big Louie's)

scooper321

First, the before (Phython slip ons, high flow A/C, stock headers, no cat):

The after (switched only the slip-ons, to Rush Big Louie 4" with 2" baffles):

And I'm not done. Thinking about true duals, power duals, or maybe just changing my baffles...

I've been looking at those pipes. They look great and are one of the more affordable choices.I think the thing that makes me hesitate on them is that big loop out of the rear cylinder. I know it makes the path longer, evening the two sides out, but I have heard that it makes some parts of the engine behind it inaccessible. Have you found that to be the case? I'm also considering the cobra true duals, again for price. But they come well recommended, too. And also the S&S power tune duals. I think my first next step is going to be to simply change the baffles in my pipes. A $90 upgrade there is a lot more easy to justify that $400 upgrade somewhere else!

Changing the baffles is the easiest and cheapest way to get the sound you're looking for,
Ebay has some pretty good prices on baffles as well as decent prices on slipon.
On mine the crossover makes any work behind it a little more of a challenge but not impossible.

That's good to know. The Bassani's are good looking and reasonably priced. And the rear header with the big loop is sort of a unique feature so you don't look like every other bike running VH or Rinehart TDs!

bike2.JPG
Hey scooper, I resemble that V&H remark! :) I too have been thinking of changing things up and going to the Bassani's , really like the look of left and right side headers they're well priced & good quality. But I am also quite partial to the Dresser Dual look. Got an idea...I can make ya a good deal on slightly used V&H DD's;) For now, think I will blend with the masses and stick with my current set up until I get that windfall of cash. Good luck on finding the right set up to go with those killer Big Louie's.

Any comments on the type of fuelers you guys are using with the upgrades to keep bikes running well.
I do like the second upgrade. I like the deep tone.

Any comments on the type of fuelers you guys are using with the upgrades to keep bikes running well.

I run the SE Pro Race tuner, fuel flow can be adjusted so no additional fuel management system is needed.

I hemmed and hawed almost bought a Dobeck but finally decided upon the FP3 based upon reviews, keeping the O2 sensors in play and being lazy at the time ease of install and setup. Has served me well. Bike runs great with the "canned" map for my setup built by V&H. Customer service is great if needed. The required app is top notch have had no issues with it all. Has many different functions and displays; to be honest I played them with when I first got it but ran without the unit installed until recently when I started playing with the auto tune feature. One must be committed to either iOS or Android as you buy the unit based on your mobile operating system. Not a problem for me as I am an iPhone / iPad fan. Would I buy it again...yep!

Thanks. That's what I was going for.

My bike had a SERT when I bought it. It had either been Dyno tuned by the prior owner or, at worst, a stock Stage 1 map had been downloaded to the ECM. I've got a high flow AC already, so with whatever is loaded in the ECM I can pretty much swap any of these components without reloading/remapping. The SERT is old, and has limited functionality. For example, it can't read what's in the ECM. That stinks. Huge flaw of design. That's why I haven't remapped the ECM myself yet. Or gotten another tuner. I'd have to reprogram the ECM back to stock (and if it HAD been dyno'ed, I'd lose that mapping). But I've been thinking about the FP3, too. Like the functionality and I want a tuner that takes advantage of the O2 sensors. It just makes sense to me that a closed loop system would run more efficiently and effectively than an open loop one. So rusntx, thanks for the comments on FP3!

Back