free website stats program 2007 or 2006 Photo needed | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 or 2006 Photo needed

zoood

Product Contributor
Would someone please post a picture of an 07 or 06 touring model of the area under the seat. I need to see how your wires are routed. I know about the two plastic wire holders that are there already. The bike here has or seems to have wires that were bundled together incorrectly and aren't allowing the seat to sit correctly.

Thanks, zoood/RJ

Zood; Here's a few, 2007 FLHTCI I have more I can pm to you if needed. I didn't want to clog up site bandwidth. Non stock wires in pics are tfi cable & ground and tender fuse. I also routed a vent tube on the wrong side of center.

Attachments

• under seat 003.jpg
    under seat 003.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 41
  • under seat 004.jpg
    under seat 004.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 32
  • under seat 008.jpg
    under seat 008.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 32
Zood; Here's a few, 2007 FLHTCI I have more I can pm to you if needed. I didn't want to clog up site bandwidth. Non stock wires in pics are tfi cable & ground and tender fuse. I also routed a vent tube on the wrong side of center.

By any chance, you have pictures of the wires coming out from under the end of the tank?
Send them to rjsoriginals@embarqmail.com

Thank you, RJ

thanks for emailing them. No more was needed. Another biker had a dealership install their reach seat on his scoot and they didnt know why the seat was sitting so high above the center consoles end. I attached a picture of what was causing the problem. You'd figure that the tech would be able to fix something as simple as this!

20375_1230545201214_1156624144_30615720_4524312_n.jpg

zoood/RJ

As RJ pictures show, routing modified wiring is important to dress so there is no evidence of "crushing"...and packing all the wiring on one side is not a good idea either. Be careful out there, rubbing when the seat pan is loaded, unloaded and flexed can scuff and cut insulation, which is why you should check under the seat as a part of the PM procedure, out of sight does not mean out of mind...

Back