free website stats program 2007 Nightrod Starting Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Nightrod Starting Issue

Sotnas1970

Hello All:

I'm a new member. I purchased a 2007 Nightrod that had been in storage for 14 months not started or run at all. I got service done a few days ago, new battery, oil change, new FOB battery. Bike has 2300 miles on it. Service tech says he started it just fine and ran it just fine. When I picked it up, it started up fine and I had it in first for about 25 yards to the transport vehicle (bike not registered yet). When I got it home, I started fine, ran it up the street and back. When I got back in the driveway, bike stopped running and oil indcator light came on. From there on, the bike starts up, the stops a few secs later and oil light comes on. I went through the starting procedure as outlined in manual to the T. One thing is I don't recall how close FOB was to my cell on the way home. Could this be a FOB issue? I read where a cell can wipe out the FOB memory, but it was a short ride home (about 30 minutes) from the shop. I'm stumped. Thank you for any help.

Just to clarify, does the oil light come on after the engine dies (it should do that) or does it come on, then the engine die?

Back