free website stats program 2007 Heritage Seat Removal | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 Heritage Seat Removal

PatMan

I am replacing my stock seat on an '07 Heritage, and I am trying to figure out how to remove the two knob screws that hold the seat and pillion to the rear fender. The Le Pera seat I am installing does not use the same hardware. Does anyone have advice on how to remove these bolts easily? When I depress them, they seem to "spring" back up, and I would rather not remove the tire to get at them.
Thanks!

I've got an '08 and believe they are the same. I replaced the pillion and the grab strap that attaches under the knobbed bolts. I just backed them all the way out to get the strap on. Think yours should as well.:33:

Good Luck

Thanks. I will see if the bolts just slide out from the backside of the fender once the knobs are removed.

I am replacing my stock seat on an '07 Heritage, and I am trying to figure out how to remove the two knob screws that hold the seat and pillion to the rear fender. The Le Pera seat I am installing does not use the same hardware. Does anyone have advice on how to remove these bolts easily? When I depress them, they seem to "spring" back up, and I would rather not remove the tire to get at them.
Thanks!

Just unscrew them like any other bolt.. they are plain ole right hand thread.
on my 07 heritage the spring held the bolts in place to reinstall.

SORRY PATMAN. When I first read your post I thought you just wanted to remove the slotted nuts, after reading the second time and more awake I now see you want to remove forever the bolts that come up through the fender. The way you asked how to remove the knob screws that hold the seat in place I through you meant just the nuts, I got the two mixed up.
I didnt take my bolts out, I just took off the strap and put the HD touring seat back on that needed the two orginal bolts to reattach new seat...

Last edited:
No problem Oct1949. For eveyone's benefit, the two screws that protrude out from the fender are connected to a common bracket. That piece is also designed to hold the wiring in place under the fender. I had to remove the bracket (and thus the screws) to install the aftermarket seat (La Pera Monterey). The bracket can slide out between the fender and tire without having to remove the tire, which is good. I used a magnetic rod to guide it out. The wiring seems to be stable, but I remain concerned that it will eventually loosen. The downside now is that I have two holes in the fender, and I can't find any plugs made by HD to match my paint (Jake and Elwood Blue). If anyone has info on this, let me know. I am using a pillon to cover up the holes for now, but if I wanted to go solo it would look bad. Hope this helps others who are changing their seats on an '07 FLSTC.

Thanks for the input.

PatMan

Try Home depot, they have chrome and also plastic plugs that could be painted with some touch up available in an auto parts store that would be a good match.

Back