free website stats program 2007 fxstc | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 fxstc

slick47

I have a 2007 FXSTC and recently it has been stalling out when it is hot outside or temp of bike gets over 200. Dealership had it for three days and couldn't get the bike to stall or figure out what the problem could be. I had it back one day and ran it in 78 degree weather bike temp got to 227 and stalled out several times. It will backfire through the exhaust also. When cooled down below 200 degrees it will start back up and run fine. Any ideas as to what is going on. Or anyone else experiencing the same problem? Bike is stock except power commander, exhaust and high flow.

Welcome to the forum. Where are you located?

I've got the same bike and no issues in heat. Saturday was 90+ ambient and my oil temp hit 245* or so after some mixed highway/street riding.

Did your stalling problem just start? How many miles on the bike?

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Missouri. My bike has 10,000 miles. The problem just started a couple of weeks ago when the temp was in the high 90's. Thought that might have been part of the problem but found out today that it wasn't. Did some street/highway riding and it was only about 78 degrees out. Bike temp was 227 and started backfiring through the exhaust & stalling. It will start back up but stall back out until bike cools below 200. The dealership is clueless & so am I!!

I've seen where guys with similar issues find that the IAC is clogged/dirty. Not sure if that is something that would/could arise at 10k miles. And I would have thought that would be something a dealer would check.

It's located on the intake.

Here's a pic from the manual.

BTW, have you run the codes on it to see if there's any history?

09-08-07 DTC Codes - Archive - Harley Davidson Community

Attachments

• pg_0355.jpg
    pg_0355.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thanks for the info & advise. I appreciate it! It pulled a code but the dealership said it could be one of four things! I don't want to have to repair four different things to find out what the problem is. I'll call them tomorrow & ask about the IAC.

I forgot. And the dealership cleared the code. I'm going to try to take it back tomorrow if I get off work in time. What do you think about the 02 sensors?

I haven't seen the O2's mentioned as a possible source for an issue such as yours.

Then again.....?

I have a 2008 FXSTC and will be interested to hear your outcome. Too bad you are having problems...good luck

I also have a 2008 FXSTC. Please keep us informed of the problem and your solution. And also, welcome to the forum. You will find many people here that are quite helpful with most of your issues. Good luck on the stalling issue.

Back