free website stats program 2007 FXST Front tire | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FXST Front tire

hi,
Sounds like the front end in not in ling with front wheel (should centr fender and wear evenly or if spacers are wrong but yo would have the front brake drag bad and you would see that. Hope this helps!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Front wheel must be pointing very slightly left as this will present the right side of the tyre slightly more forward and therefore it will wear more as mentioned above brake on the left side dragging could be an issue or indeed wheel alignment
if the back wheel was out of line you may be compensating by a slight left turn on the front wheel
so there are a few starters to check out to see what is out of line

Brian

My 07 Deuce did this with most of the front tyres I had - I always assumed it was the camber on our roads in New Zealand. The only tyre it didn't happen on was the one I fitted prior to taking the bike to the USA. That tyre lasted a lot longer than I ever got back home too! In NZ, normally get 5000 miles from a front, In the USA, I got over 10,000 miles! Show's what difference the materials used to build roads can make. NZ is all "Chipseal" as oposed to the concrete or smooth tarmac used in the US.

I'm interested to see if you get this checked and what you found out. Same thing happened to mine. I had both tires replaced and they said they checked the alignment but I'm watching for wear very closely.

its due to front end twist under braking, when you pull on the front brake the front end twists around the brake facing the right side forward. if you look at a stiffer front end this wear doesnt happen.

I have also noticed more wear on right side. Would a fork brace help reduce or eliminate this??

sure will help, some are more for looks but some are pretty strong. it will stop some of the brake twist on the front end

Back