free website stats program 2007 FXDB Dyna Street Bob Starting issue | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FXDB Dyna Street Bob Starting issue

Dustin555

My bike was sitting in storage for a year and the battery died, so I went about replacing it. Now that I've charged/hooked up the new battery, my indicator lights are flashing, the fuel is injected, but the bike will not start. The red key in the bottom right of my odometer stays solid red. Is it a security fob issue? or could it be something else the matter with the bike? If anyone has ideas they would be appreciated.

P.S. I also do not have the manual, as I lost it in a move overseas.

Thanks a bunch,
Dustin C.

I would suspect that the battery in the security fob is dead and needs replaced battery type is cr 2032

Brian

Thanks Brian, right on with the first try. I really appreciate the help, I tried 2 fobs and neither worked.. figured that both batteries surely couldn't be dead. But hey, stranger things have happened.

And thanks for the welcome into the forums! It's good to be here.

You are welcome
If you stay on this forum long enough you will pick up a lot of information as there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here that like to share their knowledge

Brian

Hi there,

I had this same issue with my bike. If the battery runs dead (I take mine out for winter) you have to reset the security code. to do this...

NOTE: Factory default is 3 -1-3-1-3. I will use this code as the example.

-Turn the key to IGNITION and immediately hold BOTH turn switches in until 5 dashes appear in the odometer window.
-Enter the first digit of code by pressing the left turn switch 3 times (this will cycle through to the number 3 in the odometer).
-Press the right turn signal once (this is the same as pressing the enter key).
-Press the left signal 1 time.
-Press the right signal 1 time.
-Press the left signal 3 times.
-Press the left signal 3 times.

This should reset your security system so that you can now start your bike.

Good luck and happy riding.

Thanks Brian, right on with the first try. I really appreciate the help, I tried 2 fobs and neither worked.. figured that both batteries surely couldn't be dead. But hey, stranger things have happened.
.. . .. .. ... .

Always check you Fobs and your battery connections. I had a brand new fob battery go bad from HD. I reached for it when my other fob went dead and was a bit confused. I buy mine at Wally world now they seem to go off the shelf there faster and have more life.

Also do as Beverly73, and put your own custom code in the ECM. I have mine written on the back of a business card in my wallet. You can be on a road trip and your fob battery can go bad. You will need that code implemented per your manual to get home (or else thumb a ride to the nearest battery for sale). I also write the input process on the card in case I forget.

My bike was sitting in storage for a year and the battery died, so I went about replacing it. Now that I've charged/hooked up the new battery, my indicator lights are flashing, the fuel is injected, but the bike will not start. The red key in the bottom right of my odometer stays solid red. Is it a security fob issue? or could it be something else the matter with the bike? If anyone has ideas they would be appreciated.

P.S. I also do not have the manual, as I lost it in a move overseas.

Thanks a bunch,
Dustin C.

If the above suggestions don't resolve the issue, read and try this...

Marrying NEW TSM/TSSM To Bike (password relearn) - Harley Davidson Community

Back