free website stats program 2007 flstc louder without doing Stage one? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 flstc louder without doing Stage one?

hey Paul the cheppest way is to punch a 1 or 1.5 inch hole in the bafles with a long sharp pointed steel rod or some thing like that did this to my fxdb and it sounds great

I installed Screaming Eagle Slip-on's on my 08 FLSTC and I have to say they are way louder and have a deep rumble to them as well. I had bought them 3rd hand, and I guess the other two thought they were too quite, but I think they are perfect. One man's idea of loud is another man's quite.

The mufflers I bought are Slash Downs PT# 64900-99 and retail for $319.00 from Harley. Like I said I am the 3rd owner and my cost was $75.00.

If you want something louder and deeper but not so loud your neighbors all would like you to crash on it. This might be the mufflers for you.

David

I was told to, and I quote, "Pipe it and let it roar" by someone. So thats exactly what I did :D For as long as I can remember, that was always one of the things that made a Harley distinctive. You didn't have to see the bike to know it was coming up the street or around a corner. But you would hear it and sometimes from over a city block away.

I can understand neighbors complaining, but hey, sorry I'm not tailoring my bike for them, I'm doing it for me. The pipes I purchased are loud, but you don't have to crack the throttle in your driveway when your headed out at 10pm. Proper edicate will take you along way I think.

Besides I don't own my own home, I rent. So deal. :bigsmiley21:

Re:something quieter than screamin eage 64900?

I have (had) screamin eagle mufflers ref 64900-99 fitted. I love the sound but it was too loud for the rural roads where I live. I can meet a horse and rider around a corner and these pipes will lead to a runaway horse. Not a good scene.

So, reluctantly, I am putting the stock mufflers back on.

But is there somethibg halfway between stock and these ones I should be getting (my Ultraclassic has had stage 1)?

regards

Simon

2007 and stage 1 here. Very happy with the sound and performance. Quiet enough for the neighborhoods but noticeable when on the throttle.

I ran Big radius 2-2's for a year on my 07 deuce with no other mods.
It ran ok, seemed hot in stop and go traffic.
Just finished my stage 1 a week ago and am amazed at the difference.. it is a completely different bike.

You can get a stage 1 air cleaner and powercommander from Fuel Moto for 319. great deal if you ask me, and not much more money added to the cost of whatever pipes you get.

I like the sound of the Rush slip-ons on my FXSTC, nice rumble not too load unless you really goose it.

To get a little better sound take off the factory silp-ons. Find someone with a welder. Put some electrical tape around the inside and outside edges and use the welder to burn out the center. It'll be a good half inch hole without the damage from banging and you wont need tuning.

2006 heritage classic spike air cleaner vance & hines big radius the whole suburb knows its me even my brother wont ride behind me.

Back